Register now to get rid of these ads!

aluminum slot wheel question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevyshack, May 31, 2009.

1. chevyshack

chevyshack

I know these might not be "traditional enough" but are any of you guys running these on your early 50's chevy? Ive been looking for a cheap set for my 52 belair. I know they came on pinto from the factory. What G.M vehicles had these if any? I used to find them all the time but know that i want them i cant find them.

2. they're all over evil bay...mostly uni-lugs...i'm still hunting for a set of them 15 x 10 on 5x5 bolt pattern.....harder to find,,,i screwed up and bought a set of 15 x 10 on 5 x 4 3/4, but they are wrong for my olds rear...its been drilled for 5 on 4 3/4, but i think the person that did it was blind:cool::cool::cool:....that's how screwed up the holes are...so today i'm pulling the axels and try to find some one locally who can weld them and redrill them PROPPERLY.........I got a great deal on the 15 x 10 slots, and am tired of looking for a pair on 5 x 5 ..that and ever pair i've seen so far are way over priced in my opinion...

3. chevyshack

chevyshack

Are'nt 10" wide too wide? I tried a pair of chrome truck wheels off a 454 SS that are 8" wide and they just barely fit under the fender in the rear. Bolt holes didnt mach up either.