Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical aluminum roof molding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jan bogert, Mar 17, 2014.

1. jan bogert

jan bogert

im looking for an aluminum molding to put a canvas roof on my '33. does anyone know where I can get such an item? I can't use hidem, because its a steel roof, and I want to make it look like the canvas top. someone closed the hole with steel. so im looking for aluminum track to hold down the top. and be able to make cornors on it.:)

2. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Jan, You might try Juliano's. I have included the link below. The sedan kit may be usable on your Willys sedan Delivery Project. Some of the parts in the kit would not be used since you roof is steel filled........... Jeff
    http://www.julianos.com/softtop.html

3. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Jan, Since your roof was previously filled, you may wish to use 1/4 inch Landau Top Foam to obtain that Padded Look. The foam can be glued to your steel roof and then use the vinyl, aluminum track, and finish strip as described in the Juliano's site. You can get the foam and the correct top glue at a good upholstery supply shop. Juliano's may work with you on this. Good Luck......... Jeff

4. jan bogert

jan bogert

5. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Restoration Supply in Escondido Ca. has some. Restoration Specialties in the East has it also.