Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aluminum Repop Garnish Moldings for '32 3w

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tinmann, Aug 29, 2008.

1. tinmann

tinmann

I just saw over on "that auction site", that a guy is selling aluminum garnish moldings for deuce 3w's. He's the same guy who's been selling "Made in Mexico" Thickston air cleaners, gauge panels etc. I bought a couple of the air cleaners. They're rough, but with some machine work, usable. Has anyone seen the garnish moldings to be able to comment if they are any good? The price that I saw was $350.

2. tinmann

tinmann

3. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

Have you ever hear the saying "Good,cheap,fast----pick any two"? Then you add "Made in Mexico" I think that you already know the answer to you question.

4. MilesM

MilesM

I have seen some at the LA Roadsters show and they looked OK and would be tuff to tell after paint but there could be more then one company/person doing them.

5. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

I've never had them in my hands, but the last I heard they needed some work.

My originals tightly fit into the doors very precisely, and stay in place without any of the screws. Also, the edges are very thin, which would be hard to duplicate with a sand casting.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/