Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alum Powerglide Kickdown Cable

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deyomatic, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

We've been looking all over the internet for a kickdown (throttle valve) cable for an aluminum powerglide, or any PG for that matter and cannot find ANYTHING. Lokar doesn't list one, NAPA online doesn't, none of the powerglide sites seem to have anything, Autozone.com has nothing. Is this something we can rig up with stuff we have lying around or is there an actual cable we are supposed to use? I'm wondering because the kickdown lever seems to be on the outside of the PG, not on the inside like the TH 350 and 700R4s.

2. [Im not a powerglide person] -but I think they just had a seperate linkage rod from throttle to the drivers side to kick it into passing gear.

3. Rocket88

Rocket88

I'm no trany expert, but every glide that I've ever seen has mechanical kick down linkage.

4. alum pg's use a rod-style kickdown... I have several if you need one.

Travis

5. I think we talked about this last week......any way, I just couldn't fit the kick down linkage past the firewall....left it off! It worked just fine without it, it did shift a little early but with a light truck like I had it was o.k.

CT.

6. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Are they different for 6cyl and SBC engines?

Travis, if they are different, which do you have and how much do you want? We'll be trying to stick this on a later model 350 block with a Holley 3310, (center hung floats). We are going to comb the junkyard tomorrow, but don't know what we'll find.