Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Altmann/Trique bear claw latches into a 37-40 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oz40, Oct 14, 2020.

1. oz40

oz40

Anyone, done a install of one of the setups into a 1937-40 Ford door?? any issues or ease of the install.

2. I have done bear claws from 38chevy454 here. Good commercial quality locks, not off shore.
    Don't have pics handy, but easy. No locking feature.

3. whateverit takes

whateverit takes
    from Florida

I installed these on my 40 Ford Pickup. They are a very good quality product. If I remember correctly you have to trim the squared bar of the original handle to properly fit into the latch. There is a locking feature on mine. It's a lever that I did not take the time to engineer a useable way to engage. I had a problem with one after a year or so and they sent me another without issue. Very good company in my book.
    20201015_102804.jpg

4. whateverit takes

whateverit takes
    from Florida

5. Thanks to @X38 and @Tman for the recommendation. For OP @oz40, look at my website here and you can see an example installation in a 37 Ford door:
    http://www.hotrodlatches.com/Articles.asp?ID=251

I do sell to many international customers, but my website is only set up for US shipping; just too manyh variables with international that I just figure it out on the side. Just give me a PM or email and I can get you a total price if you want to buy some latches from me.

Tman likes this.
  6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

My 37 Fordor had bear claws from Rocky's hinges (model unknown) and they were installed by the fellow who's company painted and assembled the body - 50 plus years in the collision business and a fellow hot rodder. You could close the doors with a push of your finger. Best job I ever saw on a rod!