Register now to get rid of these ads!

alternator on a banger pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopo, Jun 9, 2013.

1. chopo

chopo

i would like to see your brackets and pulleys that you used.any pics would be great.

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Just saw a really cool one today but didnt think to take pics of it. Tiny little denso job hard to tell it wasnt supposed to be there

3. chopo

chopo

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

just say no to alternators on old cars.:D

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

[​IMG]
    alt by farmgate, on Flickr

Most people use the links off of a spring shackle to mount the Delco one wire alternator but the whole mess swivels and you must take care so the belt is running straight. I welded in a 3/8s rod so it always keeps the belt straight every time you check the tension. The spacers are needed for the offset so weld them in and you wont drop one because it will roll to the dead center under the car.

6. 4-port Riley

4-port Riley

Sorry no pic, but I use a short piece of 1/8"x1" channel iron. It lines up perfectly with a GM alternator, a flat strap at the rear steady's it even more. A 1/2" bolt that has been ground to fit into the channel keeps it from turning while it is tightened. Simple but effective.