Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alternator hook up question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigjake, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Bigjake

Bigjake

Down to doing wiring on my 65 pickup with a 351 cleveland swap and dont know how this alternator is wired used to GM 1 wire alternators. Here is a picture I don't know what each terminal is supposed to go to.

Attached Files:

2. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

3. What does a G M one wire have to do with that Alt???

4. Kramer

Kramer

It helped me.:D I am going either ford gen or alt on my T.
    But I agree with wbrw32, what has a ford diagram have to do with a GM alternator. I'm not familiar with GM alternators, but wouldn't it being called a one wire alternator be a clue?

5. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

He is saying that a GM 1 wire is all the he is used to.

6. Bigjake

Bigjake

Yes I was just saying that I'm used to hooking up the GM alts and haven't hooked one of these Motorcrafts up before. Wiring and electrical isnt my strong point. 440 Mopar, the idiot light is on the guage cluster in my 65 f100 or I wouldnt be using one, the wiring was a mess when I got this thing and just trying to sort it out nothing labeled and its all 30 years old at least. I've basically got a harness that led to the alternator originally but was cut in half by someone years ago leaving me with a bunch of loose ends. I figured I could trace the wires back up under the dash to figure out what is what but I have no idea what terminal is for what on the Motorcraft alt and since it tested good I have no plans to swap it out.