Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alteredpilot stripes again!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RustyRedRam, May 15, 2008.

1. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

So I've always been one to enjoy the finer things in life, which include great art. I attribute it to the fact that I've never been able to draw, but have always loved art. It's one of the reasons I was an art history major in college. Once I started teaching, I realized that I couldn't have an ordinary podium. Knowing Mitch and the superb work he does, I decided to have him do some art work on my podium. This was last year. It is quite possibly the greatest podium I've ever used and I get compliments on it at least once a week. Especially at the beginning of the school year when I get a fresh batch of 120 new students. Here's the podium.

Attached Files:

2. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

After the podium, I decided that i could use some more art work to spruce up my classroom. I've already got a handful of KCSledz letterpresses framed and a few pieces by cadillacdaddy-o. Unfortunately, I don't have images of this stuff in my room, but as you can tell, I love to support the HAMB artists. I've got some other ink cutaways, letterpresses, metal works of art by 50dodge4x4, striped objects and some wonderfully awesome work by Senor Norwell that is gonna go in my house, once I can afford one. I'm always on the lookout for as much art that I can get my little meat hooks on.

I talked with Mitch and dropped off some plexiglass and told him to go hog wild. I would have never guessed that he would have scrapped the plexi and given me so much awesome work. Here they are.

Attached Files:

3. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Unfortunately, the pictures don't do any of the work justice. The pearls, metalflake, and lines are just amazing. Especially when the sun hits them, they really sparkle and shine. My sincerest thanks and gratitude go out to Mitch for giving me one bitchin' and personalized classroom. And to every other HAMB artist who i have bought work from, thank you. I look forward to adding to my collection too. Including a piece by Norwell that I haven't had a chance to finalize with him, but (I hope) is still in the pipeline. I hope you enjoy the pictures of the work as much as my students and I do. And if you get a chance, give Mitch (alteredpilot) a ring. He'll definitely take care of you and his work will blow your mind.

Matt

4. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

thats awesome, how come i never had teachers like you

5. thanks for the kudos.
    these were some of the funnest projects i've done. there's nothing like those magic words...just do whatever you want.

here's some better pics.

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/alteredpilot/MAS/DSCF1179.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

That's a good question. How come I never had teachers like me?????? I think it's so imperative that students get a glimpse of who you are. After all, aren't we all human? Once they realize that you are a human like them, albeit, a hot rodder, which to some is wicked, but to many is noting more than "an old car", they actually have a vested interest in your class. And isn't that what teaching is all about, letting the kids know that there is someone out there who cares about them?

RRR

7. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

What Mitch, my super tiny resized photos stink? :) Thanks for posting some way better shots. Sadly, they still don't reflect how incredible the pieces are. The kudos is well deserved.

8. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Bump for alteredpilot!

9. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Yep, Mitch has got "the look" & "the line" down!!!!

Swankey Devils C.C.

"Meanwhile, back aboard The Tainted Pork"

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Matt.... and Alteredpilot......
    Keep doing what you guys do.... You never know maybe one,two or many will take from you and go on to create.

heroes

11. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Thanks Jeff. That means a lot. I still need to call you aboot my piece. You're my favorite Canadian :)

Matt

12. 53burb

53burb

I thought I was your Favorite Canuk? KNUX!

13. 53burb

53burb

U got that right, bro! KNUX!