Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Altered Wheelbase Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Aug 30, 2009.

1. SFX1-2 9.jpg here rob bruce in the cool zombie gto is being shown some hemi power. shot from norwalk ohio super stock nats. the tree broke when we staged so my crew member took off his shirt and we flagged it. the car is in a early configuration here vinal top and all

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. SFX1-1 9.jpg the flag/shirt start we had to tell the starter what to do he never flagged a race before. the crowd went crazy. the big guy behind my car is jett townsend. he also worked on the jakes speed equip (candies and hughes) car i drove. jett as you can see is a big guy in virginia when the jakes car shelled a trans jett thinking the car was on fire reached in and just about ripped me out of the car not worried about his own safety. now thats a crew member. thanks jett

3. SFX1-4 5.jpg here is a shot from the super stock reunion richmond va. I'm racing rocky perone from philadelpia a good guy and a hard core a/gas racer. the crowd was really polarized due to the internet pre race talk. it was a/gas vs. s/fx. joel naprestak flagged us off i won the race and the a/gas crowd said i jumped. we took a video to the radir wheel trailer and watched it. i didn't jump. there was a crowd outside the trailer to hear the news on who won. i didn't think people could get so into us racing. rocky won the next race when i pushed a seal out of the bruno and set the car on fire. just another day at the track

4. SFX1-3 2.jpg lets just say she didn't think it was funny when she asked if i had a license to drive this thing on the street and i whipped out my nhra competition license

5. You would knock 'em dead if you were to show up to make a couple passes at the Meltdown drags or Hunnert Car Heads Up! I remember watching you run at the grove and Rt 66 raceway early 2k's and thinking that got to be the badest AFX ever. You always put on a great show.

6. thanks slayer glad to see you liked the show. every now and then we layed a lemon. those damn nitro cars have a way of humbling you once in a while.

7. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

That first shot is when we first picked it up and it was actually worse than it looks...then I dropped a carport on it. Long Winters make for plenty of shop time I guess.

8. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

Polara Pat - the wagon is very cool nice work.

Racer X - Is Franksville WI the hot bed of AWB Mopars? There appear to be quite a few of them there, although I will say none quite as impressive as yours. I am headed down that way to see a recreation of Snows 65 Dart.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  9. i don't know why but there does seem to be more in this area than in any other part of the country. also the ones around here all see track time. no one is saying my car is so rare and valuable i can't race it. the charlie allen car may come out this year if i have time to shake it down. its the real deal and runnered up at the 65 nats at indy. it has only been in the public twice since restored.

10. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Pat- Great to see the pics up of the wagon!!! Stellar build-up to say the least. You have MAD skills!!! I owe you an email to catch up, AWB brother!

Dale

11. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

It's 3:19 a.m. I gotta stop looking at this thread and go to bed but that wagon is BADASS !

12. oldschool king 27

oldschool king 27

thats just to funny

13. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

Would love to see the Charlie Allen car, if you have any photos to share.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  14. I do have photos from bruce larsons drag fest. I took it there some years ago. It was with the honker dodge on display. The car is not mine but the owner did indicate he wants to race it. I have my shop up now and have time to wring it out. I will keep everyone posted on the progress. It should run mid to low nines. Im very confident in that and if it doesnt there is always nitro to spur it along EVERY THING GOES FASTER WITH NITRO

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  15. SFX1-4 4.jpg here is a photo taken at cordova il. the good looking guy in the photo is my right hand man. his nick name is eagle eye because he spotted a number of things on the car before they became a big problem. he is also one of the best mechanics i have known. his name is keith christenson. if you saw us at the track you most likley saw keith somewhere by the car.

16. SFX1-5 3.jpg here we are at da grove running jim kilpatric in the ex al desalvo 63 dodge. this car is now lettered up with bad judgement racing on it. the car has gone in the 6.80s over 200mph. one bad ass dodge.

17. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Good stuff Brian!

18. Tom, I finally got around to starting a thread here on my Tempest Funny car build. If anyone is interested-
    http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656977

19. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

20. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

scanned for Racer X

Attached Files:

21. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

What a great time this event was
    [​IMG]

22. Cool shot, Mike...where and when was this?

23. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

It was the Hemi Reunion at Quaker City Raceway in Salem, OH back in 2008.
    Sure doesn't seem that long ago, here is another pic from that weekend
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  24. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

One more from then
    [​IMG]

MoonLoon likes this.
  25. thanks for sharing cool pics

26. this is one badass line-up for some a dream for most a total nightmare
    wish i still had my 65 coronet 500 or one of my 65 satellites