Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Altered Hilborn Injected 426 Hemi Kellison funny car "Abra Cadaver" found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kyle ray rice, Jul 16, 2017.

1. hopkins1

hopkins1
    from bedford pa

Check out E.M.M.R in Pa. They have a drag racing section and people who will remember that car.

loudbang likes this.
  2. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

Just checked them out real quick, looks like a solid lead, will look into it in later when I get a chance, thank you

Sent from my Pixel using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  3. Welcome here, what a story, hope ya find out the history. I'll stay tuned.

loudbang and kyle ray rice like this.
  4. I'm thinking of a trade here, my 34 Dodge, 51 Dodge truck, my house, my wife maybe the dog. Any interest? Second thought not the dog. I think if I drove to the local show with this it wouldn't matter what else pulled in.

raven, loudbang and kyle ray rice like this.
  5. jimdillon

jimdillon

It is a great find and good luck with tracking down the history. Will follow your quest for sure.

6. mutant55

mutant55

Exactly, the search, or the research is one of the best parts as far as I am concerned. That is a real cool car though, congratulations and good luck, I am watching as well....

7. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

Definitely the best comment haha. We just started bringing around to shows, seeing gather around as so as the trailer door drops is pretty sweet haha.

loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  8. jobbless

jobbless

Haven't really gotten any history or her yet?
    Thought for sure someone on here would know something about this beautiful beast...

loudbang likes this.
  9. sololobo

sololobo

all killer no filler

10. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

Not quite, but I should have some good news soon about it being publicized to a big audience.. which hopefully follows through this month. Will post here and update as much as I can.

loudbang likes this.
  11. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

Whenever I get a chance to take it out I'll shot a bunch of detailed phones too, just have been busy busy on other projects

loudbang likes this.
  12. jobbless

jobbless

Good meeting you and your dad at Carlisle. That thing is so f#@%!n cool..

Attached Files:

13. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

Right on, cool to see people post photos of it there. We're you the one that told me to join this cite by chance?

loudbang likes this.
  14. jobbless

jobbless

It was, i came back to look at it a 13th time but you guys already had it in the trailer..

kyle ray rice and loudbang like this.
  15. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Man, that thing is a beast! The car's name is fitting as you must be holding on for dear life on a run.
    Exposure is key. Think like a publicity agent. Keep posting on forums and taking the car out to shows and vintage drag runs. Display the car with a placard asking for anyone to step forward if they ever saw the car run, have info or photos. Some old guy may just walk up and tell you they saw it run and have photos (or 8mm film!) of it at home.
    Magazine feature or placing the car on display at a car (racing) museum such as Garlits', NHRA, etc. would get a lot of appropriate eyes on it.
    Keep us updated!

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That flopper is gonzo, I love it. What a noise it makes, music to the ears. Thank you for sharing it with us.

17. Wow that is way cool!

18. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

Thanks guys, we're still searching of course, well probably try to get it to garlits Mopar show and the turkey rod run in Daytona this year if there are any Florida show goers.

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  19. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

The car is now featured in this months Mopar Collectors guide
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Congratulations on the article..... Well deserved.

loudbang, kyle ray rice and catdad49 like this.
  21. Given the time frame the car was built its entirely possible the cars ran very little due to being a outdated car very quickly. Funny car developement was in its prime then. Cars built over the winter would be outdated by summer. There are several cars that were built in my area that were never completed or didnt run much due to outating. That could be why you cant find alot of on track pics. The car is unique enouģh were someone would have remembered it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  22. els

els

HOLY SHIT!!!!!. and welcome to the H.A.M.B. get ready for a crazy ride here.

23. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

His kids said he raced it for quite a while, but you are correct, he became entirely uncompetitive in the 70s [​IMG]
    This is actually a letter we found in his paperwork to Crower cams. Though it's not dated, we put it around the mid 70s. We have a lot of nhra newsletters addressed to him with his nhra number, he is listed as a/a till about 74 then b/a after. We also know he raced pre 69, given other info. Under the same chassis or body, we don't know.

24. kyle ray rice

kyle ray rice

Thank you! Everyone has been quite welcoming so far!

els and loudbang like this.
  25. Colleen Husko

Colleen Husko

I think I found the second article first, but this is my Cousins car, or one variation. I've been looking for it for years. He and I had a special bond over drag racing even though I was considerably younger. I will get in touch with his brother to get more details, but in the meantime, please contact me. [email protected]

rod1 and kidcampbell71 like this.