Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alright Rocketeers...... answer me this please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mpls|cafe|racer, Jun 17, 2007.

1. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

What's a 1959 RUNNING olds 394 engine worth? Good runner, 60K miles, leaks just a *tad* of oil out of the left valve cover and causes some burn on the manifold.

Please let me know what you would expect to pay for something like this so I can tell if I'm getting a reasonable deal or not.

2. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

This is for JUST THE ENGINE and what it takes to make it run, not the transmission, etc.

3. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

4. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

not more than $500.00

usually less,because of how expensive it is to adapt any kind of decent transmission.
    even if someone gave you a B&M Hydro you'd still have to rebalance at least the torus cover & flywheel,although rebalancing the entire engine would give better results.
    if you want to do a manual trans you can either spend $1200 at Bendtsen's or spend 2 or 3 years and slightly less money finding vintage parts to make it work.
    the trans that comes attached to a '59 Olds engine from the factory is junk.
    offer them $200.00 and see where it goes from there.

5. Tulsa oldskool55

Tulsa oldskool55

I can't say exactly what the olds is worth,but I know of a 312 ford that ran ok sell for $325,and keep in mind what you are gonna pay for pieces for the olds.I would say about the same as the 312,but thats just me

6. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

The plan was to run a Bendtsons adapter kit anyhow.

I'm gonna have to pass on this motor though I think. He wants $1200.00 for it.

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

For less than that (around here, anyway), you can look around and end up with a running 394 with the rest of the car still attatched.

8. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Where would I look? :D