Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alquist Flatty Intake.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redpunk, Apr 29, 2004.

1. I just got this intake. I have been trying to get some info on it. I have not been able to find out much about them. Looks like a real lowrise set up. Was hoping some on may have run one of these and knows how they are.

Attached Files:

2. flatoz

flatoz

AMLQUIST to suit an early flathead ( no oil filler or breather) ok manifold, nice looking coz of all the fins. Dont think their super rare, they seem to pop up every now and then, but still a nice piece [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd be happy to have it thats for sure.

Going to run it on anything?

3. Up Close

Attached Files:

4. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

We have one on a model a coupe works fine, Ed Almquist is a excellent guy who is still around in Milford PA. He made some speed parts and traveled around the country selling speed equipment in the early days along with other manufactures as well. If you ever heard of Sparkomatic radios he's the one that started that company as well, he has a great book out called Hot Rod Pioneers.

"Muthaheads"

5. Im thinking of polishing it and running it on my 34 Pickup. I like the looks of it. I just have not heard how they are. Thanks for the info...

6. MBL

MBL

I used to hang out in Milford Pa all of the time right down the block from the old Dave Helms Garage...he had some great cars at that place...I almost bought one once or twice...Nice area. I had no idea that Almquist was outa that area.
    Tim
    MBL

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    click here to brouse their 1953 catalog. The one I had would work with either flathead motor. The bosses needed to be drilled for the oil fill and road draft tubes on the 8BA.

8. Tommy, I went and checked out the catalog you have there on line. It was awesome. It has all the info on it. Now I know why it is lower then the other ones that I seen. Thanks a ton man.. I really appreciate it.

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    This is my favorite catalog cover. I never scanned the inside on line. I'm glad you liked it. There are a few other old catalogs there too, if you get bored. [​IMG]

10. That cover is awesome. Im checking out the other catalogs also. Awesome stuff.. Thanks a Ton....

11. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

I know Dave Helms well, we wheel and deal alot of cars together, he know's Ed very well also.

"muthaheads"