Register now to get rid of these ads!

Almquist Intake manifold infos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruiserbuddy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

I want to have information about almquist, the manifolds, the company, the man, everything......Who's got any?

2. 22 track

22 track

3. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

Mr. Almquist is alive and well in PA. I sell his posters and books. He has a great story about talking to Henry Ford when he was 19.

4. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

A couple of years ago I bought an old part on Ebay from a guy who was located near Pittsburgh. Turned out he was a banker who travelled to our town each week and spent a couple of days at a bank branch. So he delivered the item. We got to talking and he was dropping "Ed" into the conversation. I found out he was referring to Ed Almquist. He said he had lunch with Ed on a regular basis and he was working on a deal to start reproducing Almquist aluminum manifolds and other goodies. He had even located a small foundry in our town to cast the parts. As far as I know that partnership never materialized.

5. Spike!

Spike!

I recently bought a 1962 Almquist catalog (small one) and a 1963 Almquist Catalog (large one) for ten bucks. Well worth all the info I got from them. Pennsylvania is a great state!

Spike

6. banjorear

banjorear

I had one of the real low rise 2X2 for earlier flatties. The one with fins running down the middle.

Real crappy design, but worth a shit load on E-bay as of late. I thought $100 was good money when I unloaded it.

Silly kid!

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

One unusual fact is that there are adapters like this out there with his name mis-spelled.:eek: I think it was ALMQIUST or something close to that.

[​IMG]

I really think this is a pretty cover.

8. banjorear

banjorear

I do love his "Y" adaptors. Cool stuff.

9. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

Thanks for the great info!
    @Sidevalve: Is there any chance to get a poster with his signature?
    Are there also decals available?

Almquist is all over the world, I gonna put this one in my T-Bucket:

[​IMG]

10. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

I ended up with one when I bought a running flatty, trans and bunch of speed parts. Not much out on the web. I plan on running it on my 30 build. I heard the #5 cylinder can run lean? I'd like to ID the specific one I have so I know what it is and what it's worth etc. I think I read on here there was a rumor of them repopping them as well.

http://www.fototime.com/{A66D3FB2-6388-4A1D-8C8C-E3EEBA3C74F9}/origpict/
    Mine appears to be the Universal Road and Track

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017