Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Almquist Intake Fitment Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnymac1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. johnnymac1

johnnymac1

Just picked this up today, I believe it is for a late flatty, 49 - 53. Need confirmation, I hope to put it on a 52 - 53 Merc engine. With the breather line and fill pipe, I think it's correct. Any thoughts ? Twin Ford 94's , need rebuild, but all free, now I need to immerse myself in flatheads, Thanks in advance for information. I also believe Almquist is kinda rare, . Any thoughts on the air cleaner attachments ? Seem to be cast iron, don't have the covers.
    almquist 1.jpg almquist 2.jpg

2. i'm guessing with the carb angle and what appears to parts of flame arresting air cleaners it came off a boat motor

3340, Andamo and Hollywood-East like this.
  3. johnnymac1

johnnymac1

Hmmm, good thought, that would explain the wedges and angle of the carb mounts. thanks,

4. Unique pcv.

town sedan likes this.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I’d be concerned over the carb angle. Although they don’t necessarily have to be level, that is extreme.

6. alchemy

alchemy

Hopefully just removing the wedges will allow the carbs to sit level. Might be lucky and they didn't mess with the original mounting base or studs.

The arrestors on top are missing their screen thingies. But definitely boat parts. Greg should have known that for certain being from the Land of 10,000 Ponds.

36-3window likes this.
  7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Boat all the way and great find

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bandit Billy likes this.