Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Almost There

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Jan 20, 2023.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Almost There

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. BigJoeArt

BigJoeArt

oh man thats cool. the grille reminds me of the dick(?) patterson model a coupe.

Tim likes this.
  3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wowza! I love when guys use a mega cut up 46 frame. Nice curves and all the good shits already bolted to it!

I was really expecting some odd proportions with that rear 3/4 shot but man he had it pretty nailed. Drop the headlights - bet a tape measure and a rule book was involved with that placement- and it’s pretty on the mark. I would maybe try to make a 28-9 grill work before I went 32 but yeah there’s not much I’d actually change. To be truthful it having the story it has I’d probably move the headlights and leave the grill for a story starter.

the oil filter sticks out like a sore thumb so I’d be tempted to relocate that but man really over all it’s scaled nicely. Great find!

sko_ford and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

We need a picture of a person sitting in the car.... :)

(you don't really need an oil filter, it would be easy to remove)

Tow Truck Tom and Tim like this.

5. cabong

cabong

So Joey, have you revisited that ad and bought the low down A ??

sko_ford and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hmmm, I think Joey's been listening to some Dr. John!

upload_2023-1-20_8-29-23.png

7. I’ve been in that wrong place wrong time scenario more times then I’d like to remember, but for whatever reason this one worked out for me. Like you I didn’t know what to expect from the ad, and after hearing the story and seeing the car in person, I had to take it home.

I looked at with the intention of using the body and building a highboy with a rumble seat for my kids, but the chassis work is just to damn cool and I can’t see myself fooling with the history of where they were heading with it just yet. So back up for sale it went. Hopefully someone wants to finish just as it is, and if not, it’s back to plan A.

They did a great job with a wild idea for this car, and one way or another it’ll see the road.

8. AmishMike

AmishMike

What the story on 2 f100s behind the wild channeled roadster? Or are those real 9ld pics

9. Looks sporty! Get it somebody!!!

10. No those are recent, and they’re both for sale as well. Just listed the red one on here today.

11. gonzo

gonzo

Link to the ad. Neat car.