Register now to get rid of these ads!

almost shook the hand of doom!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt55bc, Sep 24, 2008.

1. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

yesterday morning i was in my 53 chevy pickup on my way to my buddy's shop. even though this truck is chopped, slammed and has alot of other body mods, it was my daily driver. so im doin about 30mph and outta nowhere i catch a glance of another vehicle flyin over peoples front yards to my right but heading toward me, i have just enough time to say WHAT THE FUCK!!! when this bitch heads right for me. she almost hit me headon but was more off to the passenger side of the truck. she took out the entire right side of the 53 and i was spun and ejected from the truck through the passenger door.the hat i was wearing was in the middle of the road where i was thrown out but i ended up on somebodys front lawn never touching concrete. i never lost consciousness,broke no bones, but did hurt my shoulder somehow. went to the hospital, had catscans, xrays, all checked out good.cant say the same for my truck. the cab and bed were both twisted and partially ripped from the chassis. the A pillar was ripped apart, the seat was ripped out, the rear was busted out at the leaf spring.chassis obviously bent,front wheel busted rear tire torn up, etc etc...found out later in the day she was arrested for bein drunk.WHO THE FUCK IS DRUNK AT 7 AM??? i was also told she was goin about 70mph when she hit me. well anyway today im a little sore all over but at least im here to tell you guys about it.everybody who seen it or heard about it,tells me i cheated death. if thats true than i guess a big thanks goes out to whoever was watchin over me.ill try to post pics when i get some. im kinda shitty with the computer, can somebody direct me on posting pics? thanks for listening. over and out!!!

2. James427

James427
    BANNED

What a BITCH, literally! Glad you're alright. Get a good lawyer so you can get enough to replace your ride with a cool hotrod.

3. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Wow! Glad your still here with us. Yes, post pics of the carnage. Hopefully the bumb bitch was well insured. :mad:

4. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

So, You're okay, only that counts!
    It's sad about Your truck, but You are alive.

By the way, wasn't there a thread just the other day about how unsafe old cars are and that You should look at them from far away?

So what about a new car driven by a drunk idiot at 7 am in the morning? Is that safer?

Shows, that the problem is always between the ears.

5. Glad you're O K..Sorry to hear about your truck! It's ashame that our lawmakers have taken the attitude against smokers and ban smoking everywhere and tax tobacco out the ass,but do nothing about alcohol.I,personally,would rather meet a smoker coming down the road than a DRUNK!

6. aussidad

aussidad
    from Australia

man you are lucky,
    ejected from vehicle, in australia where i am a paramedic, that is a criteria for urgent transport to hospital, spine board cervical collar evey thing. most guys we see ejected are no longer around to tell the story.
    BTW what idiot drinks and drives
    you are very lucky

cheers

7. Dirty2

Dirty2

Glad your ok .

8. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

yeah they did all that just as a precaution. that collar is really uncomfortable!

9. carguy88

carguy88
    from Europe

lucky man!! I feel sorry for your truck :/

if you want to post pics just upload them here: www.imageshack.us

...and the copy / paste the link

10. Glad to hear that you are OK. I hate to see a vehicle wasted that way!

11. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

holy crap,,,glad your ok

12. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

glad to hear that your ok, hope they hang the bitch

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh man, that sucks. Glad your Ok though!
    Doc.

14. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I hate drunk drivers. I hope she's insured. and wealthy!

15. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Glad to hear that you are OK.... were you wearing seat belts ??

16. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

no belts, but i think that was what kept my neck from being injured.the way she hit me might have done more damage if i had one on. but ya never know!

17. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Glad you're here to tell about it!
    Sad to hear about your truck.
    Hope everything comes up aces for ya!

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! Glad you walked away from that one, hope they throw the book at the drunk!

19. mottsrods

mottsrods

I guess her shift on the pole at the strip club ended at 4 and she had a few drinks, then headed home. Damn bitch. Just glad your ok! I hope she had insurance.....?? And if she did, get the fatest estimate you can to fix it. And sue her ass too!!!!

20. Considering you got hit, you're extremely lucky. Truly lucky would have had her hitting a telephone pole in between her and you. In any case, buy a lottery ticket. Congratulations and best wishes for complete healing!

21. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

thanks to everyone so far for the kind words!

22. People that don't stop drinking until 6 AM... 70 mph... over people lawns... Chances are there were some other chemicals involved.

That sucks, at least you weren't killed... I hope she had insurance...

23. Zerk

Zerk

Glad you're going to be okay.
    If it was me, I'd make it my second job to be sure the courts didn't hand that drunk her license back, but I'm just a dick like that.

24. glad you came out of that ok ..

25. Sorry to hear about your truck, but glad you're still among us. I'm with Zerk about doing everything to keep her from getting her license back. F'n drunk drivers.

26. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

wow. That is amazing. I'm glad you are here to tell the tale. I hope the insurance aftermath isnt too painful.

27. Tony

Tony

WOW!
    Damn glad your here to tell us about this. Very sorry it happened as well..

You sure did have something watching over you.

Tony

28. Glad you lived to tell about it and apparently came away, for the most part, unscathed. Yeah she had better be using public transportation for the rest of her life and not putting anybody else in danger.

29. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

Glad to hear that you're okay. Back in the day I didn't bust many that early in the morning, but enough for it not to surprise me when it happened. Just hope that she had insurance and that they don't try to bone you over the value of the truck. Always good to have an appraisal from someone who actually knows about our toys.