Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Almost another fine day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raymay, Nov 6, 2015.

1. raymay

raymay

November here in Western New York and we are having some wonderful 70 degree days.
    I have been enjoying the week behind the wheels of my Custom 56 Chevy ElCamino and chopped 37 Chevy Sedan .
    Today while stopped at a light with the 56 Chevy, a lady 2 cars behind hit the guy behind me who hit me. The plastic parts on her minivan and his Malibu were pretty much destroyed.
    His car hit my bumper guard causing some damage to the left bumper corner and mounting bracket. There were also a couple of minor scratches on the paint behind the bumper. A new bumper, a bracket and a little touch up should have everything back to normal. Hopefully the insurance will be easy since the lady who admitted to the Police that she hit the gas instead of the brake has the same insurance company and agent as me.
    Well sometimes things happen. Nobody was hurt and I am very pleased how well the 56 took the hit. I do not think the 37 would have done as well.

IMG_6249.JPG IMG_6250.JPG IMG_6249.JPG IMG_6250.JPG IMG_6251.JPG IMG_6252.JPG

2. mramc1

mramc1

That suck, Ray! Glad that there wasn't more damage.

3. Not fun but thankfully the damage wasn't that bad.

4. Try to find a real bumper bracket. Re pops suck.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to hear you came out of it OK, Ray. Cars can be fixed, but you old guys.........:D

Really, though, sorry to hear about it. F'ng people do everything but drive nowadays !!

6. Glad you and your ride weren't hurt. Here in Sevierville T.N. I am always watching out for the other guy when I take out the olds station wagon. The darn tourist here are looking at everything BUT the road and now Winter Fest has started here its worse. I was sitting a stop light yesterday and a van right next to me crunched a car right in front of him at a RED stop light. The guy was on the damn phone. Be careful out there you all .Bruce.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

not good to get hit but, good that you actually drive your rides. especially now before weather gets bad. it is the risk that you take, along with good insurance coverage.