Register now to get rid of these ads!

Allow me to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rdstr31, Jan 8, 2004.

1. rdstr31

rdstr31
    from Ney, OH

Hey folks! I'm brand-new to this kind of thing...( sounds like the first line to every swingers personal ad, huh). I've been reading the posts as a guest and everybody seems like they know what the hell's going on, so I joined the board.
    I'm 33; my wife and I live in Delta, the armpit of Fulton County, OH. I've been collecting cast-off parts for a Model A roadster for the past 4 years, and I've finally got a roller made out of the junk (still no body though). Halfway through that project I found a '55 Chevy 1st series truck and jumped into that. I finished it up the day we left for Goodguys Columbus. Drove it in primer. Got down there and saw a truck that was "faux-tina'd" and decided to try that when I got home. I thought it was pretty cool until I realized EVERYBODY'S doing that now!! Now I look like a freakin' wannabe! Oh well...
    Hope to learn a few things and make a few friends around here!

Later-
    Chad

Attached Files:

2. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

Welcome, you will learn a lot of stuff. I know i have so far!!! Nate

3. Welcome. You will find a wealth of information and help here on the HAMB.

4. jdubbya

jdubbya

"my wife and I live in Delta, the armpit of Fulton County, OH."

Welcome aboard, dont feel bad, I live in Flint, the "taint" of Michigan.

You will dig this place. -Joe

5. 2raticl

2raticl

Welcome and nice truck, just missing a couple of back windows. Armpit of Ohio, sounds nice, A lot better than where I live. Just outside the murder capitol of the world, Washington D.C.

6. Hi rdstr31..., "Wingnutz here"..., "Rush Chairman"..., "Damn Glad to meet you"...! [​IMG]

"Welcome Aboard"

Mark

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

welcome Ohio guy. I live 5 minutes from the "midsized city" homicide capital of ohio, Youngstown!

8. franzfrucket1

franzfrucket1

Welcome from the newbie!(me) This is an awesome place..oh and very very nice truck!

Owen

9. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

Welcome...I think you'll love it here the guy's/gal's are great i'm learning so much and quick..Everyone seems helpful too. [​IMG] Nice truck by the way... [​IMG]good luck with it.

10. Fuckin kewl truck.Any pics of your roller or your wife? [​IMG]LOL.Welcome eh.....Shiny [​IMG]

11. rosie55

rosie55

cool truck, good company and info on the HAMB. Maybe I'll see ya on the road if mine ever leaves the garage!

12. Swingin is OK, just depends on which way you swing. [​IMG]

You got a real good start, just scuff it and put some shiney paint on it (or satin if you prefer). Then you'll be swinin' in the right direction.

Keep an eye on the class ads and before long you'll have that A Bone cruisin'.

You're gonna be good company welcome.
    The PknBner [​IMG]

13. rdstr31

rdstr31
    from Ney, OH

Sorry 29ehv8, got a pic of the roller, but my wife won't let me show any of the pics I have of her... [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. plmczy

plmczy

Welcome, you'll like it here. Fulton huh. I bet it stinks in the summer [​IMG]. later plmczy

15. Welcome here. Nice truck and a good chassis to start with.
    Everythings there. You got a close up of the front cross member? This looks like an easy way to lower the frontend.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hi Chad, welcome aboard. Your truck looks fimiliar. Did you take it to the show and shine at Ididit's the end of Sept?

17. rdstr31

rdstr31
    from Ney, OH

Hey Denise... Sorry I didn't reply sooner- I just got back online! Yeah, that was me at ididit- I parked right next to ya! Great lookin' Olds by the way...

18. rdstr31

rdstr31
    from Ney, OH

Hey Flatordead- I don't have a closeup of the crossmember handy, but you can kinda see where I cut out the center of the original crossmember. I welded in a section of 2" tubing (1 3/4" ID) at 7 degrees neg caster. It dropped the front an extra 2". Used a 32 Ford truck axle and got another 2". Was a lot cheaper than a new dropped axle, and the work on the crossmember will be covered by the grille shell.

Attached Files:

19. Kustm52

Kustm52

I though Hamilton was the armpit of Ohio.....! Well, that doesn't matter...welcome anyway.

Brian

20. Oh, yes '32 truck axle, now I see that in the first pic. Crossmember is a good idea too. Do you need to notch the frame a bit for spring clearence?

21. rdstr31

rdstr31
    from Ney, OH

Yeah, I notched the frame above the spring about an inch.