Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Alllllll the Longroofs.....Let's see 'em boys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Oct 3, 2003.

1. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Here is a weird one...(U.S.) 1963 Mercury Meteor I recently found out about.

Rust on the rear wheel wells, but not too bad elsewhere it seems.

Probably going to pick it up because it's so uncommon.
    Not sure what to do with it...guess I'll be tracking down a few things if we get it.

Attached Files:

2. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

here is my Studie....

[​IMG]

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That would be a cool project, I can't remember the last time I saw one.

4. A Rodder

A Rodder

The detail on this car is absolutely unreal. I talked with you about your car at the Goodguys show last march in Pleasanton. REMARKABLE, Joe

5. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

6. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

7. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

That wagon is the shit !!! :eek: it could have been any better ! i remember when i first saw the pics on the net , damn it was a shock !! Didn't touch anything, no right clic save before at leat looking five minutes at the photo !!! just unbelievable !!! :eek: congrats bro

8. sololobo

sololobo

Norm's 59 is so awesome!, I have looked at the R. & C. coverage so many times, like everyday!! It gives me encouragement to keep my ol 59 Ranch Wagon alive. He is a nice guy and he sure nailed it with that baby, I am sure it would put a big smile on Larry Watson our brother gone on. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

9. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

I've had a few, still love 'em! Where I got the name.....Need to scan some more pics....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  10. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hey Whisky- if you do not feel like working on that Olds let me know- I will work it. :D

11. bakes

bakes
    from albany NY

Sweet! I'll always have a soft spot for '68 Fairlanes.

12. whisky runner

whisky runner

yea polecat i should let someone else take a few of these old wagons and get them back on the road ...dont want to turn into that grouchy old man refusing to sell, who lets em set and rust away ..saying "im gona fix that someday" to all who ask and would really do something with them...its just so hard to realize time is not on my side anymore..:(

13. whisky runner

whisky runner

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here's one from another thread.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  15. whisky runner

whisky runner

wow alot of work on that small bird..looks like a altered wheel base also..

16. whisky runner

whisky runner

well after looking again i guess it is the right wheel base..must be the added part on the back that thru me off

17. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just when you thought you've seen it all along comes a Fugly bird. Why would someone do that to great looking car?

18. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I've never owned a wagon in my life...can't say that anymore...after building a '55 Cadillac Coop DeVille --see the 5 1/2 year build thread (the report, not the length of the thread) here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329070&highlight=the+best+55+caddy+build

Anyway, I've got a couple of new projects:

[​IMG]

This '60 Pontiac Catalina Safari had been sitting in a garage not two miles from my place and it'd been there since 1983...The owner finally got tired of stumbling around it and piling stuff on top of it and he never got it running/driving. It has/had minor issues cuz the owner didn't know how to solve them and ended up making things worse. He took off the master cylinder cuz the brakes weren't working (and no wonder they weren't, they were metal on metal inside the drums and the power brake vacuum canister was missing). The tailgate power window motor had been removed and all wiring torn out cuz he thot the switches were bad, when in fact, the safety switch on the tailgate was missing. I replaced that and the motor and it works fine now. There were other minor issues with the car that I had fun solving...but it's close to drivable now.

Got this second wagon for Christmas from my son...

[​IMG]

it's a rare Brookwood two door '60 Chevy wagon...it's all there (minus engine/tranny however), plus several extra parts and even the original radio with knobs is still in the dash. Just after he had this one delivered to his place in late December, he found a "near new" front clip at a body shop going out of business in Buena Vista, ColoRODo, taken off a car in the late '60's and stored. Needless to say, he bought it, it'll go on and the clip that's on it now, and the pair of extra front fenders inside the car will be for sale.

Just thot I'd show these off...hope to have both on the road by the end of summer.

R-

20. rdtreur

rdtreur

I really like that '60 Pontiac! That roof rack on the front of the roof, is that stock??? Most roof racks are at te rear of a longroof....

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'm assuming it's stock, but really have no idea if it is...it looks stock...

R-

22. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I really dig wagons. Always have well before they were ever popular. Wagons are a close second to trucks.

23. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My fantasy ride....1961 Galaxie wagon....Here are a couple that keep me hunting....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This Squire makes my mouth water every time I look at it...

24. clarky1966

clarky1966

Here are some pics of mine. I sold it back in 05 and miss it every day. Would love to know what happened to it.

Attached Files:

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Its better to do it with Photoshop than doing a real car?

26. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

Here's a few of mine...plus 1

Attached Files:

27. ford56302efi

ford56302efi

Hello! Here is my Ford Country Sedan 1956, I have a modern 302 efi engine and AOD. Peter Sweden

Attached Files:

28. Here are some pics of a couple of Chrysler Wagons from the early 50s. The beige one is a 54 New Yorker Town & Country Wagon. I owned this car for about 10 years and sold it in 1999. It was sweet - 331 Hemi/Powerflite. 1100 NY wagons produced in 54. The gray one is a 51 T & C Wagon - extremely rare with only 251 NY wagons in 51. These aren't very popular, and I guess it's because they're so big, but I think they have a funky sort of cool about them. Would like to see one hunkered waaayyy down with a menacing stance.

[​IMG]

[/IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Here is my contribution to the long roof arcives.

Attached Files:

30. gonmad

gonmad

Nice wagons Roger! I see that you have come over to the dark side......or was it the dork side! LOL!!