Register now to get rid of these ads!

Allentown PA Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul2748, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Paul2748

Paul2748

This is on Jan 16-18. Is it worth it spending time to go there? Is it auto parts, not trinkets? Thanks

2. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

its hit or miss, mostly auto parts with the usual crap mixed in. i go just for something to do. there is a real good farmers market next door, but its only open on saturday. frank and carol from chrome it were vending last year.

3. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

here's the deal, swap meet is like a hit or miss deal, but something to do. after swap meet walk across parking lot to the farmer market, eat, buy something for the little woman to cook later that night. Then drive over to Crossroads HD on Rt 309, walk around there, then drive about another mile south on 309 and stop by RT Street Rods and walk around there.
    see ya there
    wayne
    www.automaniashows.com
    www.crossroadshd.com
    www.rtstreetrods.com

4. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

i wouldn't drive more than 25 miles for an indoor swap meet. i've never found them to be worth the time.

5. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

if you need fake food for your diner room then go...otherwise stay home.

i thought it sucked

6. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

my 2 cents worth of imput
    winter, a day out, driving my 40, meeting friends,looking at others parts (junk ? ) and maybe finding that long lost part that I was looking for. ya never know till you go and look. then some good food and a ride home. what more can we ask for?

enjoy the hobby and most of all enjoy life!

wayne

good girls go to heaven
    bad girls go backstage

7. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Its the first event of the year, a chance to get out of the house and search for the parts you need, its not the largest, but like all swap meets you never know what you might find.......its worth the time and money to just say Hi to old friends......stan

8. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

i hoping to stop out there just for the reason as you never know what ya mite find and talking to others that maybe will let ya know of something sitting around

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

It's usually small, very small..but you never know what you'll find. I believe there is a guy who sets up and sells "historical documents". he had hundreds.

10. I thought it was pretty overpriced when I went 4 years ago, didn't bother going back. You'd accomplish more spending the day wrenching.