Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Allentown (PA) Automania a week away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Jan 12, 2012.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

January 20-22nd Allentown (PA) fairgrounds HAMB sign will be on the space....Hope to see you there.

:) Big Bob Moonlight Movies

2. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I'll be stopping by Sat

3. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I will be there as a outside vendor (yea I know I'm nuts)....stop by and say HI!!!!!...as always---goodies.....stan

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Your not nuts, you DO have bigger nads than I have that is for sure !! Good luck on vending, looks like the decent weather we've been having isn't going to hold out much longer.
    I'm driving down from Pittsburgh tonite (Thursday), looks like the snow is coming in from off shore to the east so don;t know what I'll find when I get there. See you this weekend and if it gets to cold come in and set awhile

5. skidsteer

skidsteer

What time do the doors open on Friday?

6. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

For public it opens

Friday at noon till 9:00 PM
    Saturday 9:00 till 6:00 PM
    Sunday 9:00 till 4:00 PM

Friday set up for inside vendors I believe is 8:00 AM till noon. Lot's of vendors set up today (thursday) I will be driving down tonite and setting up Friday morning

7. Hmmmmmm. I just might have to check this out

8. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

Is there a webpage for this event? I'm looking for a little info...
    I never herd of it before and I lived in that area for a chunk of my life.

9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hope the weather holds for all you fellas!
    What movies will you be screening,Bob?

10. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Might have to put on the snow chains........shoefly pie

11. ralphie9n

ralphie9n
    from new jersey

I will be there. Never been there before but am looking foward to checking it out. Also meeting up with fellow hamber to pick up parts I bought off the classifieds. Beats working!!

12. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I'll be there Saturday, AM. See you there!

13. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

www.automaniashows.com but doesn't say much
    Decent meet for a mid winter event, I drive 284 miles one way to vend there but I sell well there. No "mid winter Hershey" by any stretch, but there some buys there if you look hard enough...I bought nice 55 150 steering wheel there last year for $35 on the price tag and sold the same day for $85...Ranunculus: Hot Rod Starts at 9:00 AM Saturday on Screen 1 Two Lane Blacktop Same Time on Screen 2, Gasser Files from Jackson Bros continuous play on Screen #3 and your favorite Hot Rod Pin Ups on Screen 4, all day long....I can substitute any for Bitch Slap (your Favorite) anytime you want !!

14. bambbrose

bambbrose
    from So. Utah

I'm going to drag the wife and kid there. Is this kid friendly (5 yr old)?

15. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Directly across is a very large indoor farmer's market.

16. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

There is nothing nasty, the only thing I would say is that Saturday Morning between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM it is packed....so packed with people that you almost can't walk around let alone see anything, So hang onto the kid, he gets seperated you won;t find him in the crowd. You may want to consider dropping the wife and kid at the entry before you find a place to park also....they can stand inside as it will be cold.
    There are some benches by the restaraunt where you can set down, If you find stuff and don;t want to carry it you can drop it at my booth until you are ready to leave Moonlight Movies space # 06&07 back portion of building (to left as you enter the gate)

17. bambbrose

bambbrose
    from So. Utah

Awesome I really appreciate the advice guys! I'm looking forward to this. We will be coming on Saturday.

18. PAracer

PAracer

BigBob55,
    Will you have copies of "A Sweet Sickness: The Flathead Movie" available at the show? Any Hamb discounts :)
    Thanks,
    Mike

19. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Out of work and on my 286 mile trek from Pgh to Allentown in the snow guys, won't be on line until after it's over. See you all there, sign the Hamb banner get 20% off.....

20. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Safe travels mi amigo!

21. bambbrose

bambbrose
    from So. Utah

As this is at a fairgrounds, is everything in the dirt? Indoor fairgrounds makes me think of rodeos and dirt arenas.

22. LongT

LongT

It is inside. However some vendors are on the outside. Pretty much paved but some of the parking is gravel.

Bill

23. Probably bringing my 3 yr old grand daughter sunday morning

24. bobo

bobo
    from New Jersey

Went yesterday, Friday, and thought the event was good. Takes about 2 hours to cover the heated indoor area. Small outside vendor area but a few good buys. Weather might be an issue today.

25. ralphie9n

ralphie9n
    from new jersey

Went friday.It wasnt real big but a good way to break up the winter months.Also got to meet up with a fellow hamber to pick up a trans for my flattie . All in all it was a good day out.

26. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Thanks to all who stopped by my booth at Allentown...my next event is Canton OH March 3rd-4th, I hibernate in February !!....stay warm and safe till then.

27. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

28. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

You know I was kind of impressed this year at the varirty of Hamb Friendly parts at Allentown.
    Usually meets of this smaller size are so overstuffed with Die Cast and memorabilia that there are few attractive buys in hard parts....( i shouldn;t be talking as I sell car movies not parts) But this year I saw no less than 10 early ford gauge clusters, decent set of 56 Lincoln wheels covers a decent set of 57 caddy wheels covers, numerous flathead, early chevy 6 cylinder, desoto and early dodge / chrysler hemi intakes, banjo wheels numbered 6 or so, and the vendor behind me sold a really usable 32 grill, and had a headlight bar on Friday. I guess you just never know...people starting to break loose some stored away parts or what I don;t know but there seemed to be some bargains

29. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

Just saw the thread. Crap, I would've stopped by. Only 15 minutes from me.

30. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I scored some good stuff