Register now to get rid of these ads!

All-steel Finish???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34dodgehemi, Nov 15, 2007.

1. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

I'm 18 and building my first project, a 34 dodge pick-up. I'm going with an all-steel finish. I need some suggestions on how to obtain a nice uniform finish. The cab lived in a South Dakota barn for many many years so the rust isn't terrible. Also once i get my desired finish im thinkin i should seal it with some sort of clear sealer or primer..... Any ideas???

2. 60'coupe

60'coupe

3. SD49chevy

SD49chevy

I did a bare steel finish on a motorcycle about two years ago. We had the sheet metal media blasted then we used a 3m strip it disk on a drill to put a pattern in it. The blasting gave it a uniform finish and the 3m disk put an engine turn type pattern in it. I just sprayed it with cheap rattle can clear. It still looks the same today as it did when we were done. I would suggest using automotive clear to add long term durability.