Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD, PAYMENT PENDING. All Henry Steel 1929 Ford Highboy With History! New Photos!

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by missysdad1, Oct 19, 2019.

1. missysdad1

missysdad1

City: Alvarado

State: TEXAS!
    Price: 23995.00
    Coupester make-over 113.jpg

Own a piece of hot rod history: All Henry steel 1929 Ford coupster with a long and checkered past - some good, some not so good, but the past is the past. After a long and colorful life as a hot rod in various configurations, this car was going downhill fast when I rescued it from another rodder several years ago and repaired/rebuilt/restored it a little bit at a time into the excellent hot rod it is today. I think the body began as a Sport Coupe that was once a topless dirt track racer, it's really hard to tell. The chassis appears to have been a drag car at one time. These two parts were salvaged by someone in the deep dark misty past and joined as a hot rod - first as a fenderless highboy with dark red paint and pinstripping, then as a glossy black full-fendered street rod. It appears to have had many owners, some of whom treated it better than others. I bought it shaggy, pulled the fenders off and returned it to this fenderless highboy configuration which I prefer. The fenders were 'glass and are long gone.

Here's a short list of what's in it now:

* Chevy 350 dealership motor, essentially stock.
    * TH350 transmission, stock with stock torque converter
    * 12-bolt GM rear end with 3.7 positraction gears / coil springs w/ ladder bars
    * Chassis is a clean and straight Model A that's been fully boxed and stretched 2" forward of the firewall.
    * Pete & Jake's 4-bar front suspension
    * 4" dropped tube axle / Posie spring
    * 4-wheel disc brakes
    * Cougar side-steer box.
    * Interior is old, with wide pleats. It's comfy as hell but shows it's age and probably should be replaced at some time.
    * Paint is not new and shows it's age, but looks pretty good from 10' away.

I've sorted the car out so that it drives well and is super-dependable, but it is a driver, not a show car. It's got plenty of road rash and windshield chips as testimony of its over-the-road history.

I love this car but I have a new car almost finished so I'm ready to let this one go to a new care-taker. If you are serious, please PM for details. I'm not overly social so please, no tire-kickers or pen-pals. Texas title is clear and in my name. Needs nothing, drive it home.

PRICE REDUCED: The listed price is with red wheels and big/little radial tires. I need the valve covers, air cleaner, steering wheel and dirt track tires for my new car so this car will be delivered with generic replacements - see new photos at the end of the listing (dirt track tires are available at additional cost - ask if interested). Cash only, no trades.

NEW: PAY FULL ASKING PRICE AND I'LL PROVIDE FREE SHIPPING UP TO 1000 MILES FROM DFW! (If you live further away I'll pay the first 1000 miles, you pay the rest.)

Thanks!

Here are some older photos of the way I ran the car for years. Same car, but it doesn't look this way any more.
    Coupester make-over 88.jpg

6.jpg

coupester 1.jpg

coupester 7.jpg

coupester 2.jpg

coupester 8.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. missysdad1

missysdad1

Lots of interest in this all-steel Model A hot rod. Here are some new photos posted of the car in it's current state and with the equipment it will be delivered with - red wheels, big 'n' little street radials, sprint car steering wheel, chrome valve covers and air cleaner - same car, different look, ready for you to make it your own. Added a photo with the top up, too. Thanks for looking!

Coupester make-over 113.jpg coupester 6.jpg Coupester make-over 111.jpg coupester 3.jpg coupester 4.jpg coupester 5.jpg Coupester make-over 115.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  3. missysdad1

missysdad1

Still available, more information and photos...

Coupester make-over 114.jpg

Here are a few more current photos of the suspension:

Coil springs, ladder bars, panhard bar and Pete & Jake's chrome shocks in the rear. Axle is a GM 12-bolt with 3.73 positraction gears and disc brakes. Nope, not a quick change but the cover sure fools a lot of people. Coupester make-over 116.jpg

Front suspension is a chrome 4-inch dropped tube axle, Posie spring, adjustable perches, Pete & Jake's chrome shocks, Pete & Jake's steering damper, solid chrome steel steering arm and GM disc brakes with braided lines. Frame has been stretched 2", radiator moved back the same amount. No extra charge for the bug collection.
    Coupester make-over 117.jpg

Front suspension is a Pete & Jake's chrome 4-bar system with a Cougar fast-ratio steering box with heavy steel pitman arm and chrome drag link. Ride is very good, handling excellent.
    Coupester make-over 118.jpg

4. missysdad1

missysdad1

In addition to all the cool features I've already mentioned this car has self-cancelling turn signals, Painless wiring throughout, Classic "Moon Eyes" gauges and senders. Oh...and properly mounted and anchored seat belts. All the good stuff.

Still available and still providing me with some great Fall cruising fun. Could be you...

Coupester make-over 119.jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Ulrich Wöckener likes this.

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

Still available...more new photos.

Coupester make-over 121.jpg

Coupester make-over 120.jpg

Coupester make-over 122.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Ulrich Wöckener likes this.
  6. missysdad1