Register now to get rid of these ads!

all jamma no slamma

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rafael, Dec 10, 2007.

1. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

waddup fellas, so i buy this 1965 country sedan wagon, i know most of you dont care for em but i do. anyways i buy this wagon and i decide to slamm it by cutting springs. well i go looking in the back and i noticed that it has "pigtailed" springs. so instead of cutting them i decide to go with them cheap-assed jc whitney spring compressor kit... what a waste!
    so i installed it and i got like 2'' drop out of it! so seeing how i failed to hammer it, how would you guys suggest i go about tackling this project? any help is greatly appreciated, see for yourself.... im fairly new at this but im a good wrench, the only thing i can think of is finding donor springs at a junk yard with the same diameter of the pigtail. does that sound right????
    before and after shots
    thanks-Rafa

Attached Files:

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

you mean "coil" springs? :confused:

bag it.

3. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

What do you mean by pigtailed? I know you mean coil springs but is there more to it than that? You said you were going to cut the springs so what about the coils stopped you? Need a little more info so we can help ya out, Thanks.

4. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

he means tapered coils, that you cant Cut...

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

try Springs and Things http://espo.com/ for replacement springs, the pigtailed springs can be a pain but a lot of car shad them and the people there have been very helpful to me in the past. If you want it truly slammed then bags would be the way to go...

6. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

here is the pics of the springs (brand new of course) they are bigger in the middle then the ends... what a PITA...well im on a budget or rather they put meon a budget.
    Rafa-

Attached Files:

7. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

this is about how low i want to go....
    [​IMG]

8. ray

ray
    from colorado

on a budget...you can still cut them, you just have to fabe new cups, a piece of pipe that will fit inside the spring will hold it in place well.

or you can look into springs from another car, springs from a monte carlo or regal would probably lower that tank several inches.