Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods All good things..........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40fordtudor, Jun 29, 2016.

1. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Well, we are getting the house back somewhat in order from the 12/26 tornado. We lost 3 cars to falling trees and debris flying around, but the 3 of us and the dog survived. I will never look at the sky the same way. A sad thing to mention is that the garage ceiling got wet due to a part of a missing roof and it fell in on the 40. Took it to the detail shop and he did a good job buffing it out but somebody wanted it more than I wanted to keep it. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,considering all things, such as health, age, etc. I have decided to hang it up. This has been a real great ride here on the HAMB and I have really enjoyed it. Car people are the best people ever. Adios, Marty.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Really sorry to hear of your bout with the weather..If you feel its time to give up the car then so be it but be really sure..If its time then all of us wish you the best in moving on...

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Good wishes in what ever you do in the future!
    And yes, car guys and gals are some of the best folks ever !
    Glad you and your family are OK!
    KK

4. I don't know you but sorry to see you go.Glad ya'll are ok after the devastation.

Dino64 and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. You might not have your ride anymore, but you will always be a Car Guy, stick around.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

terrible thing to go thru - but, all of you being OK is most important - as for not having an old car right now is not a reason to leave - we are a pretty easy group (most of the time), and have plenty of people without a ride for one reason or another - have to admit that you can not find this type of entertainment for free just anywhere - never know , another old car may drop into your lap some day in the future

7. Say it ain't so. We'll miss you so don't be a stranger.:)

Dino64 likes this.
  8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Sorry to read this and causes me to think a decision like yours will face us all at sometime. Hope when this happens for me I can handle it with the grace you are!

Best wishes!

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

May God continue to bless and protect your family Marty.
    Hang around, no need to leave us.

10. I'm in the "hang around" group.

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  11. Marty - sad to hear - hadn't know of any local HAMB guys that got hit by the storms - can you still hang with us a while ?
    Lost a buddy off the bridge during the storm - you know the one over I-30....he was an old school buddy - at least we got together for our 40th in July of that last year.....hang with us a little while - will ya ?

lawrence