Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods All Deuce Run 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 9, 2017.

1. We left home early Friday morning and the trip was without any problems but the traffic on 77 is insane.

We have several guys staying at the Baymont and another motel across the highway,same of whats here today.

The obligatory photo of our sedan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More coming tomorrow,I'm beat & it's late. HRP

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Good you made it okay. Look forward to more pics.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Have fun Danny.

4. catdad49

catdad49

Enjoy Danny, Thanks for the pics!

5. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Looks to be a beautiful day for a cruise, have fun. Thanks for the pics, love to see some more.

6. We pulled up in front of the shop at 8:47 PM,it's been a long day,we logged 515 miles and I know a bunch of guys have doubled that and then some by the time they get home.

But I'm getting ahead of myself,so back to Friday at the motel.

Ken's 5 window & Al's black roadster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This coupe was drive from Florida but they had driving all over the place in the last few weeks.

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, wicarnut, robracer1 and 6 others like this.
  7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. Dave's hemi powered coupe sound wicked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is it for Friday,I did take a few point and shot photo's at the Lone Star but they were too dark and not suitable for post,we did have a good turn out and Tom (seadog) got his roadster back together and drove the 50 some odd miles to attend,more on that later. HRP

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Mtn Goat, wicarnut, catdad49 and 5 others like this.
  9. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Nice to see Ken's 5 window. Looks great!

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and Blue One like this.
  10. Saturday morning the Deuces started to roll in the Target shopping center parking lot,we had a quick drivers meeting and passed out the Deuce window stickers & a route sheet in case someone got lost.

I counted 29 cars and before we left Tom called and said he was having engine trouble again and wasn't going to make it.so you won't be treated to spectacular photo's just mine & Brenda's point and shot images.

It's going to take a while to upload all the photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the deck lid on Bills roadster. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Mtn Goat, 1947knuck, wicarnut and 8 others like this.
  11. More from the target starting point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This car has been in the same family for 45 years. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, clem, 1947knuck and 9 others like this.
  12. That's it for tonight,but there are more to come.HRP

3W JOHN and deadbeat like this.
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

very Cool - Thanks

14. glad your having fun in the sun....happy trail back home.....

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Keep it up HRP!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Dave Lewis, flathead green 5 w. had a problem. Bolt snapped on fan mount and holed radiator. They stayed at Wilksboro NC. His son was coming down with truck and trailer to haul him home. Myself, drove home Saturday with no problems.

Dave

catdad49, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. slowmotion

slowmotion

I see my old buddy Harry made the first leg of his (4000mi.:eek:) shake down run. The 330 deuce came out great as expected. Hope the paint's dry. :D Have a safe trip man. Thanks for the pics HRP

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, catdad49, robracer1 and 3 others like this.
  18. More from the Target shopping center. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, 1947knuck, wicarnut and 5 others like this.
  19. And a couple more from Saturday morning. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, 1947knuck, wicarnut and 6 others like this.
  20. Shortly after 10 AM we started the run with Bill in the lead and I brought the rear,we meandered through a few of the small towns en-route to our first gas stop and we only tool a couple of photo's.

When your out back the scene doesn't change much. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, wicarnut, catdad49 and 4 others like this.
  21. First gas stop and this is where we met up with 4 more Deuce owners,for a total of 32 Deuces on the run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, wicarnut, catdad49 and 5 others like this.
  22. A few more from the gas stop. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, 1947knuck, wicarnut and 5 others like this.
  23. Gman0046

Gman0046

HRP, Kens 5 window in my estimation is the ultimate Deuce coupe. It just goes to show you every car doesn't need to be chopped.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Gary

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  24. car doctor

car doctor

IMG_20170610_114722_1.jpg IMG_20170610_114722.jpg IMG_20170610_114628_5.jpg IMG_20170610_094706.jpg IMG_20170610_094658.jpg IMG_20170610_094618.jpg IMG_20170610_093110.jpg IMG_20170610_093034.jpg IMG_20170610_092943.jpg IMG_20170610_092935.jpg IMG_20170610_092928.jpg IMG_20170610_092921.jpg IMG_20170610_091741.jpg IMG_20170610_091735.jpg IMG_20170610_091723.jpg IMG_20170610_091715.jpg IMG_20170610_091711.jpg IMG_20170610_091702.jpg IMG_20170610_091650.jpg IMG_20170610_091642.jpg IMG_20170610_091634.jpg IMG_20170610_091627.jpg IMG_20170610_091621.jpg IMG_20170610_091611.jpg IMG_20170610_091606.jpg IMG_20170610_091559.jpg IMG_20170610_091547.jpg IMG_20170610_091546.jpg IMG_20170610_091540.jpg IMG_20170610_091534.jpg Got the coupe home safe and sound at 5:30 am this morning. A big thank you for all the help I received. Where we broke down there wasn't any phone service. Thanks to the fellow deuce owners for calling and getting towing service. We couldn't believe how many people stopped and offered to help. One couple even followed the tow truck clear to Hillsboro to make sure we found a place to stay until my son arrived with a trailer. That was the first problem I've had with just over 7000 miles with the old flathead . The stud that holds the fan and generator bracket sheared off flush with the intake and the fan blade poked a hole in the radiator. We still had a great time and will be back next year! Thanks again everybody!!

Mtn Goat, Stu, 1947knuck and 8 others like this.
  25. After about 20 minutes it was time to load up and head for the next stop,the scenic overlook for photo ops and stretching legs,I pulled out in the street and blocked traffic for everyone to exit the station and as the last car pulled out Brenda said John is still in the parking lot with the hood open,so I pulled back in to try and help.

His car wouldn't crank,the switch did nothing so Brenda & I and Bruce,Johns co-pilot pushed him backwards and John popped the clutch and the car fired off,we were about 15 minutes behind the group.

We had a map and I knew the route so I figured we would catch up at the overlook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we were weaving back & forth through the rural back roads and up ahead it appeared we caught up with them but there were several cars on the side of a very narrow road we saw a few guys were standing around Dave Lewis flathead powered coupe,as I got stopped I was told a bolt on the fan broke and punched a hole in the radiator.

We were in a area where no one could get a signal on there phones and there was no way to repair Dave's car Buster & Gus got Daves information for AAA and drove on until they could get a cell signal and called a rollback and he knew the location.

I left in a attempt to let Dave's fellow traveling buddy,also Dave about the situation but really had no idea we were quiet away back and only caught up with the rest of the group at the overlook and went to find Dave (Ago) and he was already informed of the problem by Ken,we talked and exchanged numbers and he was off to stay with Dave Lewis until the rollback arrived.

We were about half way home when Dave (Ago) called to inform me that he and Dave Lewis were in Wilksboro and they were staying the night,Dave's son was coming from home with a truck & trailer.

I looked around and notice John Collins was missing but was informed that he was afraid to turn the ignition off he had went on to Canyons and park where he could roll down the hill and jump of the 5 speed tranny.

There were a lot of late model cars already at the overlook so some of the photo's are tainted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HRP

Mtn Goat, 1947knuck, wicarnut and 7 others like this.
  26. Glad to hear you guys made it back home and I want to thank you guys for taking the time to participate in the All Deuce Run.HRP

27. Then shortly after Buster & Gus arrived at the overlook and relayed everything they knew to Dave he was off,the rest of us fired up and headed out for the last leg of the route with Canyons restaurant in Boone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mtn Goat, 1947knuck, wicarnut and 4 others like this.
  28. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

It sucks to break your car, but kudo's for driving. There's a real hotrodder.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

car doctor, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. Every one seemed to have a great time and after lunch we said our goodby's and pushed Johns coupe off and headed down the highway on our way back to South Carolina,we stopped to gas up just a few miles down the rode and was off again,every thing was going good until I heard what sounded like a childhood firework called a chaser...bang,zing,zing,zing,etc. and as luck would have it I was approaching the QT in Lenoir and knew I had a left rear tire going down.

I got stopped as quick as possible and the tire was flat,Brenda tried calling John who was ahead of us but couldn't reach him but obviously he noticed I wasn't behind him and came back.

I rolled the car forward and saw the offending foreign object protruding from between the tread and dug the small pouch of tools and got my pliers and pulled out a huge piece of metal that honestly looked like a piece of broken windshield wiper about 6 inches long.

Now that the piece was out of the tire John said he thought he had a plug so we unloaded his trunk and tried to install it but a flat tire is a PITA to plug but we finally got it in.

Now to find a way of getting air in the tire,Brenda went in QT and ask did they have a small air compressor or a tank,the attendant informed her that the air was free but on the opposite of the lot.

Not wanting to damage the tire we opted to try and ask people pulling in for gas if they had a air tank or compressor but no luck.

then Brenda saw a young girl with several bicycles on the back of her car and ask if she had a bicycle pump we could borrow.

She dug around in the back and came out with one,so I started trying to pump up the tire and was making very little progress and then the young lady with her two bicycle companions came up and he said let me do that,he was about 20 years old and a dynamo with the air pump.

I told him that there is enough air to drive it over to the pump and I thanked them for their help,I decided to pour a little water over the plug and it started bubbling,on closer inspection there was a lot of air seeping out and was almost flat again,then a young guy and his wife and kids pulls up and says he has a portable cigarette lighter compressor and offered me the use of it and the tire was full of air,yet still leaking but I was able to drive the car across the lot to the free air.

John again unloaded his truck and pulled out the plugs and we inserted another one and this time it worked like a charm.

We loaded up Johns truck and started pushing his car off,we had a heck of a time and a black hot rodder on the way to a cruise in stopped and help push. and the coupe finally cranked

it took us a little over a hour but as bad as it could have been everything worked out well.

This is what was stuck in the drivers side rear tire.

[​IMG]

I have been fortunate to have attended this event for many years and never experienced any major problem,with the exception of being pulled around the motel by Ken when my old beater sedan wouldn't crank,but that was minor.

Bill & I would like to thank each and every one that came to the All Deuce Run this year,we met new guys this year and hope to see more in the future.

The All Deuce Run will celebrate it's 18th year in 2018 and although nothing is written in stone as of yet we are talking about changing things up,a different destination and possibly a different starting point.

I will keep you guys informed. HRP

Mtn Goat, wicarnut, catdad49 and 4 others like this.
  30. The37Kid

The37Kid

I always look forward to riding along on this tour here on the HAMB. What is the reaction from the locals seeing that many '32's at one time? Bob