Register now to get rid of these ads!

ALERTS

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by mike in tucson, Oct 16, 2017.

1. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

I have begun to receive alerts....I have never signed up for an alert and have never visited most of the threads that are the alert subject. I look at my preferences and I have zero alerts checked or defined. How do I stop this incessant barrage?
    Thanks
    Mike in Tucson

2. Click the "head & shoulders" icon to open your user profile page.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/vRF0QNrl9J7Cng1h/www.jalopyjournal.com

Go to your Alert Preferences and make sure that all of the check boxes are cleared for conditions where you don't want to receive an alert message.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/zYrV3rOwV6VTT7xE/www.jalopyjournal.com

3. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Just like my original post says, ALL check boxes are unchecked. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

4. Sorry... Suffering with a bit of BMA this morning. :oops: (Blunted Mental Acuity)

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Try Removing your H.A.M.B. app from your phone altogether and try downloading it again. You will need to set up your preferences

6. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

OK, deleted app from phone and reinstalled.....no change.....preferences all show no alerts but I get alerts....and most alerts are for subjects that I have never looked at!!! Gremlins got me.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm on it...

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

@mike in tucson Fixed. You must have accidentally clicked on the "watch forum" button in the main forum. I unwatched it for you.