Register now to get rid of these ads!

ALERT possible gold mine cars...free???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe Crazy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

OK, so I've been riding my bike past this house with covered cars in the backyard for years, and just a couple of days ago I finally was able to get a good enough look at the shape of them without trespassing. The covered shape of one of them looked very similar to my coupe. So I knocked on the guys door and started shooting the sh_t about cars and stuff and lured him to the backyard and asked what was under the car covers. Long story short, he has a 52 Dodge 3 window business coupe, a 31 Chrysler CM sedan, and a 65 Pontiac Tempest convertible. The Tempest use to be his mothers and he has a bunch of parts in the basement. The other two cars he use to show but they have sat covered for years and are a little rough now. He was disgusted with the situation of not being able to work on the cars due to constant repairs of his deceased mothers house which he lives in now. I asked if any were for sale and he said "yes, I have to get rid of these". And then I asked him if he would sell them as a lot and he said "yes". Sounds like the pricing would be REALLY cheap. Only problem is that I need another project like a hole in the head and I would really like to get someone into one of these before they fall into unable hands. Don't shoot me if you wind up with another project!

Contact info removed per fellow hamber suggestion. Thanks for your input.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

3. You're not thinking of the big picture. Buy, flip, invest profit in your project. Even if you only make a couple hundred bucks a shot, that's a couple hundred bucks a shot you didn't already have.

4. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

what do you mean free?

5. Clark

Clark

I would do the guy a favor and delete the phone number. Have potential buyers pm you for the number and weed out the wack jobs. With his number plastered on the internet with free cars he will get a million calls.

I'd love to have the Chrysler but the timing is wrong for me too.
    Clark

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

I wouldn't feel comfortable if you posted my number for the world to see.

Edit: Clark, you beat me to it.

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I spoke with Pat, but unfortunately, he doesn't know how to email pics.

8. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

I edited the original post to take out contact info. I'm already stuck in the middle of this one, and I have nothing at all to do with these cars! I was just trying to find a good "caring" home for this stuff.

9. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

If it were ten years ago, I would have considered it, but now a days, I just want to find time to work on my own coupe.

PS...love that Mike Savage quote