Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ala Kart

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4eva4banger, Sep 7, 2003.

1. I was talking to a guy about the Ala Kart on the weekend. We both agreed that it was pretty cool. What do you think?

2. i think it is the neatest rod that Barris ever built

3. Wonder how Brizio is doing with the restoration?

4. DrJ

DrJ

When I first saw pictures of it in the magazines I thought WOW!
    But didn't know how to "catagorize" it...luckily I wasn't set in catagories then so I just accepted it as it was, a show car. I didn't have enough historical vocabulary to wonder if it was supposed to be a Street Rod or a Hot ROD or a Custom or a Kustom. It didn't matter because it was so different from anything that DID fit a category that it was int's own realm.
    I also think it's the closest Barris ever came to making a "Roth" car. ANd I don't mean in a copying Roth kind of way but in the same kind of cartoon car way.
    It sort of had a track nose,but wasn't a track roadster.
    It had quad headlights and same taillights as the Outlaw. yet in know way resembled the Outlaw.
    It had more the feel of the Golden Sahara than a typical Roadster pick up of the day, and criticizingly looking at it historically after all the simlar attempts at making a "show rod" is unfair. because at the time it WAS the Vanguard of Rod style.

5. Greezy

Greezy

Its just the sweetest rpu ever built. Personally my favorite Barris car.

6. The early Barris cars were cool and the Ala Kart was the best car Barris built before spoiling them. I think after the Ala Kart Barris cars went down hill. Apparently Tom Otis is building the Ala Tub

7. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

RPU??did it have a lift off top?would love to see a pic with it 'open'

8. Roof on or off the Ala Kart still looks cool!

9. Spooky

Spooky

Loved it! When I first saw it when I was in grade school(early 70's) I used to ask my Dad where all of the cool Hot
    Rods had dissapeared to.

10. Sailor

Sailor

I dig it, -allways did. Lots of neat details, like the suspension and lots of other little things.

Heres a pic with the top off.

Attached Files:

11. Sailor

Sailor

Same photosession, -top off.

Attached Files: