Register now to get rid of these ads!

Al Roker & Rosanne !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CapeCodBob, Oct 20, 2009.

1. I apologize ahead of time if I offend anyone on here for my description, but ya hadda be there.lol.
    While pumping my own gas into my 31 at a local station, "an Al Roker and Rosanne lookalikes in an old Taures are hollering to get my attention and I'm ignoring her because I don't want to get gas all over the tank apron and still want to top it off . I mean it went from excuse me to HELLO to HEEYY. So, I finish and look up all polite and all :D and she hollers out "THAT GOT HEAT?"(was a chilly day) :rolleyes: Yes I said. "WHAT YEAR IS IT?" 31 I said. "Oh , nice car" Thanks I said.:) All the while Mr. Potato head is nodding and all smiles.:) I just thought it was a little rude to keep on bugging me when it was obvious I was concentrating on what I was doing.
    And the question. LOL.
    Whats the oddest question (in your mind) anyone has asked you when out and about ?

2. RichG

RichG

"Does this look infected?"

3. Does this look like it'll fit up my ass?

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Last year, an old couple was checking out my T Bucket. They were quietly talking to eachother and finally, the old lady says, "Is that like the car on the Munsters?" I had to laugh. She just had the biggest grin on her face and I didn't want to ruin it by telling her the differences between the two. Sometimes ya just gotta go with the flow.:)

5. They probably thought you were hard of hearing since you were driving an old car.
    Since I got older,I pretend I can't hear a lot of stuff I don't want to talk about.

6. RatPin

RatPin

I thought you were going to say they were the same person. I'd believe it too.

7. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

can i drive your car,you can take my mom into the backseat....?
    well..it was sort of a question.

8. Don't we have this thread going already.. "what's the dumbest thing an expert has said about your ride?"

The Munster Coach is like a T-bucket stretch limo hearse, I guess that would be the difference.

9. LongT

LongT

A guy that worked at the gas station (convenience store) asked what year car my T-bucket is. I told him. He asked if it was hard to get those original tires. M/T Sportsman

10. daddio211

daddio211

In the early 90's my dad bought a Mitsubishi pickup. As soon as he got it home he started pulling all the factory emblems off of it (a tradition he passed along to me :) ) and jokingly, stuck the MITSUBISHI emblem on the back of his '50 Ford Tudor.

A few weeks later he stopped at the gas station in his '50 and some dude came up and said "Wow, what a COOOOOOL Mitsubishi! I didn't know they made anything like this!"

He thought the guy was totally tweaking until he walked around the back and spotted the emblem. He walked in to pay and the counter lady says "That guy that was just in here sure likes your Mitsubishi, couldn't stop talkin' about it."

Scariest part is the guy is probably a registered voter.

11. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

I do that a lot :D

12. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Just finished parking a 57 Pontiac. Guy hollers over " hey, is that a J-2 ?"

13. is that a dune buggy???

14. paintcan54

paintcan54

This happened while getting gas in my T-Bucket. Guy comes over looking at the car, and says "Thats a nice what ever it is" turns and walks away, I busted out laughing. The looks back and gives me the thumbs up.

15. 343w

343w

A cop stopped me for speeding in my 40 Ford tudor, he walked up to the d/s window and says,"What year VW is this anyway"? No, it wasn't chopped, just a dumb cop.

16. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

when i had my o/t 74 Dodge Monaco "BLUESMOBILE" :cool: tribute car with Mount Prospect IL police decals on the door, black and white paint just like the movie car....some crainially challenged individual saw it rilloing slowly down the street as i came to a stop, looked over and read the door decals, I thought, ....smiles and yells " WHOO HOO BOSS HOG !!!!!! hazzard county is a ways away from Illinois.......although his forehead had quite a slope to it :D

doesn't look like a hazzard car to me...

Attached Files:

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Other than the Munster car being twice as long, being made of two bodies, covered in chrome, having a Ford engine, fenders and a section that is covered?

18. Redline Rocket

Redline Rocket
    from Rockies

Yeah Rosey

Attached Files:

19. 36tbird

36tbird

When I first got my '36 Ford Sedan running I overheard a couple of twenty somethings talking about it. One asked, "what year is it?" and the other answered, "Oh, it is one of those PT Cruisers".

20. Slonaker

Slonaker

A couple of weeks ago, a guy said "Wow, just like ZZ Top!" to my wife when she was sitting in our bright yellow '37 Chevy coupe. :confused:

Slonaker

21. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Last spring I took my 1963 Thunderbird out for cruise and went to a local gas station for some gas. Well the two ladies working there asked me if it was a 2009 I said yes and the older one said "see I told ya" I just paid for my gas and took off.

Attached Files:

22. Graybar

Graybar

Not to get off track here, but your T-Bird is stunning.

23. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

At a weekend car show-in-the-park, some kid asked me if he could borrow my 30 sedan to use as his wedding car... He actually got pissed off when I said no.

Rich

24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Not a stupid question, in fact, it impresses me when younger guys ask "409 or 348?". There are some knowlegable young folks out there.

It's probably the number one question I get asked about the T.

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Looking at my '50 Burb, some lady asked if they made PT Cruisers back then

26. butterboy

butterboy

"So, when you going to finish it?"

27. i ran out in my flatty pick up to grap a pizza at the neighbor hood pizza place -a younger guy eating luch asked if my truck had a flathead in it

28. hemi

hemi

I had an old black dude at the gas station come up to me saying "Maan I had one just like it, yeah, just like it... damn... What is it?"

What???

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I met that guy too..dam he gets around