Register now to get rid of these ads!

airride hotrod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by custo-michel, Apr 11, 2008.

1. custo-michel

custo-michel

heey.

last month, i bought me a '34 plymouth, 2 door sedan with the suicide doors.

i'm now planning to make it a extreme low, channeled, chopped hotrod, with airride.

i wanna be able to get the chassis on the ground.
    i am know looking for pictures of airride rods, en the chassis datails.

show me everything pleace...

thanks.

2. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

is this your introduction?

3. severely hacked/channeled sedans are to 2008 as prostreet was to 1998.

4. Weasel

Weasel

Hot rods do not have air ride - bags are for fags. Since when have air bags been traditional - ca. 2000?? This site is for TRADITIONAL HOT RODS!!!

5. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

very unfortunately it smells like crap over here from your anal retentiveness "overflow". i know shit happens but dam. there's some suppository for that... might be too big for your ego

and go against your homophobia.

or it may be the dog just farted, hard to tell. smells awfull tho

hydraulic systems exist since the mid to late 50s

and refering to your sig, traditional is also partly a fashion statement

6. Dirk35

Dirk35

You damed window lickers........... The owner of this house you tread in has bags on his beloved.

Sure they are not for everyone, and this guy couldve done an intro, and posted a better picture request question (worded it well), and done a search for past posts, And yes most Hot Rods dont have Bags as they tend to lend to more expensive and less driven rides, and yes, Tman is absolutly correct in his analogy .......... but to just hop on and bash the guy for his lack of knowledge, instead of ignoring the post and letting it die.......... Well refer to the 1st 4 words I typed. :D:D:D

Unfortunatly, you cannot ignore some posts to get your point across....... or I wouldve ignored your responses to his....... but sometimes, a good PM sent to help a guy out....... or even........Just ignore a post sometimes, its a hugly powerful response!

Ya damed unfriendly bastards.

7. 62Monterey

62Monterey
    BANNED
    from So.Cal.

Try stock GM's circa 1958..Also,custom bags were around in the early 60's once someone found out you could use the junctions that were used on aircraft landing gear..

8. Anderson

Anderson

Bingo.

They have been done....to death. Hell, even Gas Monkey has moved on from these things...

9. redrico1

redrico1

you can do whatever you want all it takes is money and imagination.

10. BBobb

BBobb

well written!!!!!!!!!!

11. 55 on bags

55 on bags

I WOULD WATCH OUT WHAT YOU WRITE ON HERE YOUR GOING TO PISS OFF ALOT OF PEOPLE INCLUDING ME

12. SKELVIS

SKELVIS

HERES MINE I GUESS ILL GET THE SAME GREAT TREATMENT
    ANY QUESTIONS PM ME AND ILL HELP YOU OUT
    [​IMG]

13. I notice that most all the guys who are objecting to Weasel's response are comparative newbies. Well perhaps you guys have forgotten what this site is about. It is about traditional rides. Just because a ride is painted satin black does'nt make it traditional. Having bags definitely does'nt make it traditional. Bags belong at OSR or ruffrodders, not on the Hamb. Sorry newbies, I'm with Weasel and Tman.

I WOULD WATCH OUT WHAT YOU WRITE ON HERE YOUR GOING TO PISS OFF ALOT OF PEOPLE INCLUDING ME
    Remind us who you are again please? Oh yeah, a newbie.....

14. SKELVIS

SKELVIS

Wow, Well You Build Yours Your Way And Ill Build Mine My Way------- Im Still Alowed At All The "traditional" Rod Shows.
    Why Not Just Be Cool With People, Different Styles For Everyone, If We All Built The Same Ol Stuff It Would Be Boring.
    Yes Im A Newbie, No I Dont Know What This Site Is For, I Thought It Was For Guys Into Old Rides? If Not Im Sorry.
    Ive Got No Prob With Non Air Ride Cars They Are Great Also

15. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin... I can deal with bagged cars. Tasteful bagged cars. Observe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Etc..

16. SKELVIS

SKELVIS

Nice Rides, I Like Em If You Dont Have To Completely Destroy The Frame And Hack Em Up To Do It.......... My Car Can Be Completely Put Back To Stock At Anytime.

17. Like go buy a Deco Zephyr and bag it! Hot rods with bags suck! Bags on a custom are okay.

18. Those aren't hotrods...KNUCKLHEAD!!!!

19. Anderson

Anderson

I don't have anything against airbags....full fendered post '34 cars are okay occasionally, and they work on any custom....but if it's a hot rod, without fenders, leave the airbags off.

20. That's a bitchin car!!! But it's not a Hotrod. He wants to bag(mini-truck) a 34 Plymouth......GAY!!!!!

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I know I know. I just wanted to look at that 36 again. :eek: Why? well...

[​IMG]

You better BELIEVE I'm bagging this bitch.:)

22. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I agree 100%

23. OR.......you can just drop it off over here in my driveway!!!!!! HE HE!!!

24. Customs and bags are ok in my book, but hot rods are a different story.

25. Just in case anyone has forgotten, the Hamb is about rods and customs AS THEY WERE back in the 40s, 50s and early 60s. The funny thing is, I was around in the late 50s and early 60s, and I dont recollect ever once seeing a rod or even a custom "laying frame". Gee, I guess they did'nt have bags then.......
    Dreddybear.... so you're not building a traditional rod then?

26. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

:D:D:D

27. Hey...it was worth a try,LOL!!!!

28. For what it's worth, I lurked on this site for some time before I got the nerve to join. This is back a few years now, back in the days when guys like Germ would regularly roast a guy's arse. What's happened, are we going soft? Who gives a rats if a newbie gets offended? That's life man!

29. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Absolutely I'm building a traditional rod. 29 Model A coupe with 55 chrysler hemi with 6 94's (and stock water pump), 59 buick drums on 40 ford backing plates with 48 ford spindles, '57 ford 9" rear, 36 chrysler wheels, bias ply firestones, channelled 4" chopped 5". It'll be trad down to the cloth wiring and flathead screws. I've been collecting "the right" parts for this car for three years and I'm DAMN proud to be building it this way which I think is pretty good for a 27 year old.

I love 36's a lot and will be building that car traditional as well. With the one concession being a pair of bags in the back. I guess I'll have to wait and see how badly it's received on the Hamb when it's done. If Cole Fosters 36 is any indication, I think it'll be fine. But that's besides the point, cause I'm gonna do whatever I want anyway.

I do miss the flaming of the FNG's by the way. So don't stop. Just don't point that shit at me.