Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Airplane Ejection Seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidstuff, Feb 1, 2011.

1. davidstuff

davidstuff

<TABLE class=tborder id=post6171971 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_6171971 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title -->
    <!-- message -->Hello everyone. I am new to the HAMB.....I have recentley obtained an ejection seat from an aircraft unit. I know absolutely nothing about this and was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on these things. The back of it is stamped with a plate that has some info on it. It says seat, pilots adjustable ...has spec mil-s-7832a(aer)..has a fed stock number, mfg number and serial number..it was made by aircraft mechanics inc. in Colorado..and says US property. I obtained this unit at an auction and would love some input if there is any out there..
    <!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid">[​IMG] [​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls -->[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I would suggest that if you use it, to not install it on the driver's side.:eek:

3. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

I would suggest that if you use it, to not install it on the driver's side

LOL

4. Tri-Power

Tri-Power
    from Memphis

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Assume, of course, that the rocket motors have been removed? LOL. If it is a zero-zero seat, you could have used it at sea level while sitting still. The rockets had enough poop to get you high enough for the chute to open. If not, you''d never get even one swing in the chute before you did a one of those proverbial cranial perches. Gary

6. jkherd

jkherd

:confused: Need pics to tell what style seat it is, could be an ACES II if it is from an aircraft unit which is a zero/zero seat. Worked around that style seat for over twenty years, just need to be sure the rocket motors have been removed for the obvious safety reasons. You don't an unexpected ride :eek:

7. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

there was an episode of Pawn Stars where a guy tried to pawn an ejection seat that he had in his house for several years. the rockets were still in the seat and i think he had kids. he had no idea of the rockets or danger the seat posed.

8. Cymro

Cymro

Are you building a |James Bond replica?

9. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

I would suggest a lot of research on that particular seat before doing anything. Look for placards, tags, serial numbers, etc for any info. There are a few "bang seats" that are worth a fortune. A few (Martin Bakers) types can go for thousands if left alone.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm more interested in that little twirly thingy to the right of the OP's post...:confused:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

ya ,i was swatting at the screen

12. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Back in the early 80's I was backseat qualified on TA-4J Navy trainers.....2 hours of sittin' in one of those and you'll wish you had never seen one......much less using one of those uncomfortable spine breaking sunsabitches in a car.

FLY NAVY!:)

13. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

you sure you have an ejection seat, never seen one that would remotely fit into a car even if you wanted to, as i remember they`re almost 5 ft talle from the floor......lets see it...

14. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

The ones ive have seen were huge but they were newer. I'm guessing you have an older one. post some pics up!

15. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

if it's still hot, you'd better store it away from your garage and/or house or anything you love or care about. They are operated by small jet motors that are absolutely explosive.

Get a LOT more information. Find a local airport with an ex-USAF mechanic (A&P or AI) around...make sure the seat has been de-milled or deactivated. SOON!!!

include a pic if you can...lot's of ex-flyboys on this forum. You've already heard from some...pix will give them a clue and help you out also.

dj

16. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

yeah, better hope the CADS are gone, they say if you activate a seat with the face curtain it takes off so fast that you will not let go, and you will be killed! heard stories of a seat going off in the seat shop and killing everyone in the room!

17. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

18. mortecai

mortecai

Since you have no experience with ejection seats and i personally can't understand why you would want to put one in a vehicle why not ebay it and buy a nice 6way power seat.

19. ok here's my idea.. (that is if the rockets are still there) first ya need some parts, a reel from a para sailing rig, as well as the line and chute. next rig the seat up in the passenger seat. work it so the seat ejects and is attached to the chute and line.. seat ejects with passenger attached to line, chute ejects after rockets are done. line holds seat to car but 100' in the air.. voila.. car para sailing! when rider has peed their pants, reel em back in. also this is best to do in a pasture, or the desert as high tension lines, phone lines etc would sure ruin someones day. also I am sure johnny law wouldn't approve either. kids don't try this at home.. if all else fails read my signature...

20. Need a pic or 2. Could be a portion of an AcesII, but will just have to see it.

21. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Yeah,what is that?
    Maybe a countdown til the seat ejects?

22. renrob5000

renrob5000

I was wondering when the Grand Pu bah of ejection seats would notice this one...heh...:D

23. davidstuff

davidstuff

I posted a few pics in my album. Maybe this will help..
    Thanks for your input.

24. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

Make the greatest office chair ever.:D
    [​IMG]

25. davidstuff

davidstuff

I have no plan of putting it in a car I just want someone to help me find a value for it I just want to sell it I have no need for it.. I will tell all of you it does not have the rockets on it THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP...... davidstuff

26. The most amazing thing about this thread is that nobody told him this is a trad forum etc etc - what happened to the panties in a bunch gang????

27. Sorry to say, this is not an ejection seat. More then likely it's small recon aircraft.

28. I've worked on military aircraft for over 31 years (USAF 10yrs, civilian 21yrs). I've worked around ejection seats the entire time, and I am very well versed on the safety precautions and how to ensure their safety. They are very, very dangerous if handled incorrectly.

Your seat looks like a seat from a helicopter or a small piston-powered aircraft.

29. No big deal, it's not an ejection seat