Register now to get rid of these ads!

Airbag guys, c'mon in! Valve ?'s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrolla2k3, Mar 26, 2008.

1. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Just a quick question regarding bags for the rear of my '53. I bought the Gambino Tail Dragger kit with Contitech bags as recommended by Alex, my question is this... I dont have money for the compressor and tank and the whole kit right now, but want to lift my car temporarily, Alex said just use schrader valves... Where do I locate said valves, air line and any reducers or other materials that I need to make a single central fill connector for both bags? NAPA? Home Depot?

Thanks
    Jaison

2. Psychobilly351w

Psychobilly351w
    from 732- NJ

Home Depot will have Everything you need to do that.. just screw a schrader valve into the bag and pump it up0 with an air chuck just dont put in to much psi them contitech bags suck, you were better off spending the extra 15 bucks on a firestone 2600cc or better yet a slam specialties bag they are the best on the market..

3. ya home depot might have watcha need but a big rig supply store or a hydraulic hose shop will have what you need

4. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

What type of air line do I need to be looking for?

Jaison

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

DOT rated air line. And like KrustyTrucks said, Big Rid supply store will have a lot of the stuff you need. I would run the air line from the bags to a brass " T" near your firewall and screw the Schrader Valve onto that. Do the same for the back but leave it in the trunk. That way you can load them easily. If not the big rig place try suicidedoors.com. They have everything for air ride set ups.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Tanks are not all that expensive, it's the valves and compressors that will get you. Air ride sure can burn your money pretty quick as I am sure you are starting to realize.

7. I just used a schrader valve at first then I added a gauge and manual bleed and a momentary switch on a panel under the dash, then I saved up and bought a compresser and use the momentary switch to activate it, I don't use a tank at all, it takes about 45 seconds to fill the front bags from aired out. Simple and more cost effective, If your worried about backfeeding the compressor just use a one-way air valve. I also used the 1/4" air line works fine, secure it so it dosen't vibrate and rub through should be fine.

8. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

NAPA has all of the stuff you need there.