Register now to get rid of these ads!

Airbag air tank help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopnweld, Apr 17, 2011.

1. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

:confused:Hey fellas, I need to find a single air tank for my airbag set up that is about 12 gallons capacity and about 44in. long x about 7in. wide (diameter); to fit in my 51 merc trunk on the shelf above my C-notch. Any ideas where to find one new or used? Thanks fellas!

2. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

3. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

4. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Can ya help a brotha out with a long and narrow tank idea?

5. chigger

chigger

Suicidedoors.com, but the site says that the tanks are sold out! worth a call though.

Airbagit.com and run 2- 5 gallon tanks

6. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How big are your bags and what are you running for compressors? I do 4-corner bag jobs all day, most every day, and rarely ever use a tank that large. The only time is do is when it is used with an engine-driven compressor, like a York.

The dimensions you quoted would be a 7.33 gallon tank. Why not shoot for an 8-gallon tank?

8. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Great idea gimpy. I am running morrison chassis with firestone bags 6' inch diameter double convoluted front, sleeve rear. Maybe 10 gal too big. Running dual compressors. Can you pm me your phone contact info? Where can I get a long skinny 8 gallon tank? Thanks!

9. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

10. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Since were on the subject, I have had a few airbag and hydro cars, that I built.
    I have been thinking of volume vs pressure, we have all see the pancake tanks used for nail guns, and the pressures they run. My last set up I used a 5 gal tank, 2 electric compressors on a full size chevy 1500, it worked great but I did run 200psi.
    but I could only get 2 lifts of the front end on a single fill of that tank ( I assume is was due to pressure drop, not volume loss) so with all that in mind, a small tank would hit the pressure faster than a larger one, so would there be an advantage to a 1 or 2 gal tank with faster recovery time compared to longer fill times with larger tanks?