Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air Suspension install on my Rockstar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LCC Automotive, Jul 29, 2009.

1. LCC Automotive

LCC Automotive

Whats up everyone my name is Dan this is my first post here. Just wanted to share the progress of Air bagging my '53 210. So far Ive finished up the lower ams for the most part. Gonna start on the spring pockets and get the cups made today. Im going to be using Air lift 2500# Dominators in the front. Out back I have 2600# bags with a two link setup with the stock torque tube axle and a panhard bar. So its basically a 3 link cause I have pivots on the axle and frame for the 2 link bars. Anyways here's some photo's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

3. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

4. skunx1964

skunx1964

i dont get it either

5. LCC Automotive

LCC Automotive

Yeah Ive been surfing around here for awhile, thats what I thought the nickname was for these? I plan on bodywork and paint as soon as I get the suspension done. Then on to interior, picked up a nice Singer sewing machine ahwile back.

6. roddinron

roddinron

It's a HAMB thing, the car in my avatar is a rockstar too (believe it or not) though I'd never call it that.

7. skunx1964

skunx1964

it is, its just a BAD nickname

8. 53choptop

53choptop

For your 1st post to be a tech post, that's pretty rockstar in itself.

9. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Why De-Grade your Chevy with such a STOOOPID nick name ?

I just don't get the Facination with all the Nick names & handles People THINK they need to hang on there cars ...

By the Way, Your work is looking good.

10. LCC Automotive

LCC Automotive

My mistake then, could someone tell me more about the term why its BAD? I hope it doesnt offend anybody, Ive seen the term used with no problems until now.

11. JustJoey

JustJoey

Its not a bad nickname, you are correct that is what everyone around here called them for a while. I guess its just "played out" now. Its cool to be the guy to end trends around here.

12. roddinron

roddinron

It's not "BAD" but it's not a universal term for these cars, it's more of a private joke among an inner circle of members.

13. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

joke term with the OG 49-54 guys. aka "rockstars with torque wrenches" ala Mike ness
    [​IMG]

Call my chevy what ever u want, rat, rockstar, ness mobile, big girl patroler whatever who cares, just dont call my car a pile of shit cuz only i can call it that

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

You guys need to read more and pay attention... at least one person knew where it came from.....:D

by the way nice work so far, and congrats for actually reading a bit... :p

15. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

16. JustJoey

JustJoey

Hahahaha :D

17. DrJ

DrJ

Actual time tested from the old days Traditional nickname is Stovebolt, or Chevy. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  18. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Interesting how this went from a build thread to a 'It's called a what?' thread.

At least he didn't call it a R## Rod!

19. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Yeah more On the TECH!!!

20. 53choptop

53choptop

I always thought it was pictures that were worth a thousand words.

I agree with stan..... more on the TECH...please post pics of the rear setup so we can veer this post back on track.

21. The owners are Rockstars, the cars are just Chevys..................sheesh.

Nice work BTW. And next time just put RwT in the subject, those of us that know, will know.

22. Ya know what would be cool? If this post could be about a guy doing a air ride install on his car intstead of a debate about the name of a social group for people with 49-54 Chevys. Maybe some day. Todd

P.S. Your work so far looks nice please keep us posted.

23. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

But I wanna be a Rock Star Damn it!

24. Albie

Albie

Looks sick man, Im gonna cut my arms the same way. Really interested in the two link. After doing various tri-4 links on minis, I think a 2 link will work really well with the pivoting axle pads, plus be 10 times faster. Good luck and show us the rear.

25. Cool ride (and I should know) LOL

Sometimes I wish mine wern't subframed....but that's a different story.

26. ryno

ryno

. Im going to be using Air lift 2500# Dominators in the front. Out back I have 2600# bags

why are you choosing to run the smaller bags up front? what motor are you running?

27. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Read More & Pay Attention to Learn that people stoped calling there Chevy a Chevy because some Dick Cheese is Torquing down the Rocker arms on a Small Block ?

How Wrong is that Picture ?

If the Poster would have Captioned his post ::

"Air Suspension on my '53 Chevy"

He could have Dodged all the Mike Ness Bullshit and showed off his VERY NICE Fab Skills.

That one of the parts i just DO NOT get with the HAMB.. So many people here want to Hang Stooopid Bullshit names on EVERYTHING !

Note to Poster ::

Although i Hate Air Ride ... Your Fab & Fit Looks Very Nice so dont take my Rant the wrong way... Post up some more Fab pic's & do your Chevy a Favor.... Call it a Chevy !!

28. LCC Automotive

LCC Automotive

2500#'s are the biggest bag you can fit in the front. 2600#'s out back so I can actually untuck the tire enough to change it if it gets a flat. I still have the stock drivetrain in it all the way back to the rear axle.

Im not offended so no worries, and I too agree that it was a stupid choice to name this thread that, NOW that I know what it really means. I thought it was a nickname like the lowriders use for the pre 59 american cars.... the BOMBS. I cant change the title now so its too late, and my original intention was to name it Air suspension install on my '53 210 I just got a little excited I guess......

Also thanks for the positive comments on the fab work!

29. Chill the fuck out.:rolleyes: RwT was/is a fun tounge in cheek way for those of us with 49-54s to tag posts 8 or more years ago.

As for "stoopid bullshit names" I assume your mom did not Christen you Desoto so lighten up Francis:D

30. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

I think you're doing a fine job as well, On my car I figured I couldn't get as low as I wanted due to the fact that I cut 2 1/2 coils out of the front of mine and bottomed out all the time(maybee the air bags would solve some of that) but then again I figured I was messin' with 70 year old technology and sold one of my favorite engines and purchased a Must II kit w/bags and disc brakes and all. but the rear is still swinging from the original leaf springs for now, and will get upgraded to a triangulated four link in the next year. A friend of mine did a tech piece w/Alan Mayes and it's supposed to be in 'ol skool rods sometime soon, It's a gold '52 Chevy and they used all the stock control arms and leafs and did a air ride setup. should be out soon. Keep up the good work. But I still wanna be a Rock Star!