Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jfw, Mar 19, 2012.

1. jfw

jfw
    from pa

has anyone used denominators ii airbargs or slam specialty bag? planning on bagging my 53 soon

2. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

No personal experience, but I've heard nothing but bad things about airbagit.com and their products. Even the name "Denominator" seems like a rip-off of better known brands.

I've heard nothing but good things about Slam Specialties on the other hand.

3. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Have used both numerous times and never had an issue. If I had to pic o.e over the other of course it would be slam bags because of the internal bumpstops and the anti-ballooning feature, but have also used the denominator II with excelent results. I am current running the denominator II on the front of my 54 with slams out back. :D

4. XXL__

XXL__

Denominator brand comes from Joe Morrow (airbagit.com, AIM Industires, etc.). Please, before you spend one penny with him, do your research... his reputation should point you in the right direction.

5. RFOSTER

RFOSTER

I would highly recommend slam bags, but will never buy anything from airbagit.com again!! Parts were on the cheap side!

6. Chopt50Ford

Chopt50Ford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I run slam specialties on my car, and a few of my buddies also run slams. Only one issue with the threaded insert for the air line fitting, but only took a week to get the new one at no charge.

7. jfw

jfw
    from pa

who make a good air ride kit?

8. greasebandit0801

greasebandit0801
    from houston

On your 53 it's all in what you want what 4 link what bags step notch if you what good parts I would go with gambino kustoms or Jimenez bro. They both have cool styles I'm planning to go all gambino

9. Chopt50Ford

Chopt50Ford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would check with Gambino Kustoms there an alliance vendor on here. They can get you anything you need. I bought the notch and Fatman spindles for my car from them.

10. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

Go with the slam bags, havent had any complaints about mine.

11. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Slams are some of the best bags out there. They have internal bumpsteps and are tuogh as nails. Gambino can help you with everythig you need. and he's a HAMB'r to. You might get a discount.