Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods air in a 1933 5 window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustymetal, Aug 13, 2012.

1. rustymetal

rustymetal

going to do 33 ford 5 window have to have air can,t handel the heat.
    going to run 21 stud flathead ?
    where would be the best place to buy ,that would have 1 stop deal
    thanks

2. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Vintage Air or Southern Air.

3. X2 on Southern Air. Nice people to deal with.

4. alchemy

alchemy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21 stud w/water pumps in head? That's gonna be hard to fit a compressor in there.

5. Yeah, those blistering hot Nova Scotia summers can be brutal. I understand it will sometimes exceed 75 degrees!!!!

6. Mart

Mart

Maybe if you were to look at insulation and keeping the heat out, it would be tolerable with the screen out and the side windows down and the back window open.

If I knew you better I'd say "Man up" but I don't know you, so I won't say it.

It may be that you really ought to be looking at a different kind of car if having air con is an absolute must.

Mart.

7. As stated above, insulate the hell out of the passenger compartment, crank open the windshield and lower the back glass. That's how you add A.C. to a model 40.

Oh ya, do not louver the hood top. It will allow engine heat to enter through the cowl vent and windshield.

8. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

I would go with Vintage Air and one of their "peanut" compressors. Small enough to fit most anywhere but large enough to handle the output required. Personally, I had problems with Southern's evaporators and would not use them again. Just my preference.