Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects air con unit for my 51 merc

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by nzdeuce, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I have a vintage air in mine while it's probably the best available on the market it isn't shit compared to the air in my daily. ( and yes it's installed properly with the correct parts.) put as big of unit as you possibly can in it. Maybe even look into some that are model specific that may fit your car.

2. pecker head

pecker head

Im running Old Air Hurricane in chopped 51 , Everything Dynamatted and insulated , not happy with it .

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I can't vouch for the quality of Vintage Air, but I have seen some of the cheaper units like Southern Air, and it looks cheap. An A/C system is an eyesore in the car/engine bay to begin with, crappy-looking plastic parts only makes the situation worse.

4. DREW148BHP

DREW148BHP

hey guys, I work for Restomodair and classic auto air. Take a look at our universal kits. In the restomod side the haymaker would freeze you out if you have room if not the vapir will also work. On the classic side it would be the custom colder units. Please take a look. We have the biggest coils on the market for the best performance. We outperform any system in the market. Take a look befor you decide.

pecker head likes this.
  5. pecker head

pecker head

Update: I found out yesterday my Old Air Hurricane was over charged. I had LowMaster ( Shane Gill) in Ennis Texas check out my system and fix the problem. It works great now.

'49 Ford Coupe likes this.
  6. BJR

BJR

Curtains?? Like in windows?

7. skipperman

skipperman

VINTAGE -- PERIOD !!! If you don't like the hanging under dash type the get a " universal" kit and run your ducts UNDER or THROUGH ( looks SWEET ! ) the dash .... I have done MANY SYSTEMS for my club brothers and friends and have tried them ALL ... I use VINTAGE myself in MY RIDES...... and for years have told the car owner " get Vintage unit or find somebody else to do it " . Nuff said ...