Register now to get rid of these ads!

air compresser parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1964reo, Dec 20, 2012.

1. 1964reo

1964reo
    from mn

were can a guy by air compresser parts my was made in china it is a twin clynder

2. roddinron

roddinron

What kind is it and what do you need? Harbor freight sells pumps and smaller motors. Tractor supply sells motors up to 6hp and other parts, and of course ebay.

3. 1964reo

1964reo
    from mn

i need gaskets and a reve valve i lost one im trying to get a pic but have trouble with it

4. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

5. Beau

Beau

6. 1964reo

1964reo
    from mn

the truble there is no model number or any thing on this crap i have no way of noing what brand it is thanks

Attached Files:

7. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

got a side shot? kinda looks like a kellogg.......

8. It has no name, no ser.#, no model #, no value.Try grainger find a pump the size you need ,make sure they support it with parts. You can find some good deals for used ones on graigs list.

9. 1964reo

1964reo
    from mn

and never should of bought it it is about 8 years old but only has probley 30 hours on it, the motor went outwith in the 2 years that i had it thanks i will give them a shot

10. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

I replaced my oiless noisey pump with one from Eaton compressor every quiet, they run a lot of sales.

11. 1964reo

1964reo
    from mn

my is a oil one been a peace of crap

12. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Try to compare it to what Harbor Frieght has. I have a old "Ohio Forge "bandsaw from Home Depot. Obsolite for parts. It is black. HF model is the same except it is green and almost all the parts are the same. Try using a manual from HF compressor.

13. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

As fast as things change over there, the parts might not even exist in China.

I'd just look for another pump. We tried to save money once with a freigh-damaged Kellogg, the shaft had been broken and some parts were missing. Bought it cheap, loaded it on the truck and carried it to a local "expert", a month later we hauled it to the shop and the thing wouldn't pump right. After several visits from their techs it only sorta kinda worked. We ended up with as much money in it as a new one from NAPA.

14. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Parts may or may not be available. Finding parts for your compressor is about the came as locating parts for a Chinese floor jack, air tool, or electrical generator.

15. theres also grizzly industrial in belling-HAMB Wa. the do a lot of rebadged "offshore tools also"(some of it even comes from the same castings as JET)

16. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

BryanG, You should have delt with Kellogg direct. I had a issue in the past and got help. Time and time again some of these local yocals give you a snow job on what they know and can do. It's a shame, but that's life nowadays. I have been blessed through my 71 years to fix most anything. If there is something I feel I can't fix that belongs to someone, I'm not ashamed to tell them that and maybe I can steer them in the right direction. On that note, I never refer to somebody I do not know. I seems to come back and bite you in the ass.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when I needed air compressor help I did it the old fashioned way. I looked in the phone book under air compressors. found a local place that sells air compressors and parts and they hooked me up with everything I needed to set up my new (OLD) giant pump on my old compressor.

18. Buy a new domestic like a Kellogg or Gardner Denver. It's the best thing you can do for the shop. You will never find parts for that little guy you have. They are use and tos compressors. :(

19. 1964reo

1964reo
    from mn

i looked at couple stores didnt find any thing look the same as mine but they gave me a name of a place that works on them im going to check it out this week thanks

20. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

It has been a while, but last I knew Kellogg sold some units made domestically and other made elsewhere. Possibly that has changed or ?