Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air Cleaner for a '54 F-100, what's tall, looks cool but uses a paper filter? Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1320stang, Oct 12, 2007.

1. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

My buddy has a '54 F-100 that his grandad gave him and the Y-block is locked up in. He's putting in a 302 and a C6 and I think he'll paint the engine Ford Yellow and probably put some Cal Custom finned covers on it. It'll get a 1850 Holley 600 I've got laying around and I've got to come up with some sort of air cleaner for it. Wanting something like an oil bath cleaner that uses a paper element. I'm just guessing that the air cleaner on it won't fit on the Holley and I'm thinking it needs to be some sort of tall air cleaner to fill up that engine compartment. A velocity stack with a fake bird catcher ain't the look I'm going for. A minature keg would look kinda cool. I've even thought of fabbing something up from scratch, using a V8 scripted hubcap for the top and maybe using a cone style air filter inside.

2. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

This is the setup I made for my 292 Y-block ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AutoZone 9" air cleaner, K&N filter element, aluminum cake cover from eBay. :)

3. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Mnn I love me some cake cover!