Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Air bubbles in fuel line

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Last Hoorah, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Last Hoorah

Last Hoorah

Have a multi carb setup with straight linkage, 4 to be exact with clear fuel lines. Noticed air bubbles coming out of one port of the fuel block. Was wondering what could cause that? Have a manual regulator because their Stromberg carbs. Inline screw on type fuel filter.
    Thanks,
    PS. Know the clear fuel lines are not safe. Change them every year.

2. putz

putz
    from wisc.

a friend of mine just had same problem this week found the ..New.. fuel pump was bad , check fuel pressure ,i have my tri-power set at 7 #,s ............

3. oj

oj

Been lots of discussion about that lately. The air bubbles when engine isn't running is from fuel entering the float bowl, look into the carb and see if the throttle blades are wet or if fuel is dribbling. Some needle & seats will let fuel past them, residual pressure in the fuel line pushes the needle & seat.
    It has been suggested to add a return to the fuel tank to let the pressure bleed off with a restrictor of about .020. Not enough to starve the carbs when engine is running.
    I've also blocked off the exhaust heat crossover, added isolaters under all three carbs and get the fuel supply line up off the intake so it won't get hot creating pressure and lowered the fuel pressure to under 2psi - they helped but when the motor is hot it'll still dribble some and vapor lays in the throats.

4. Only one way for air to get in there and that is to be sucked in SOMEWHERE, leaky line, fitting, fuel pump.