Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air Bag Compressor Question????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jet Doc, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

Has anyone ever used an A/C compressor as the air compressor for a bag set up. I know they make engine driven air compressors specific for this, but I have a real nice Sanden A/C compressor sitting here from a GM. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

There are soem really good threads on this already. Do a search and im sure you will find what your looking for.

3. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

Thanks!

4. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

As long as you have an oil system it's doable. The best if you're going to use a an a/c compressor is the York 210.

5. The other threads probably state this, but with excception of the York, most all A/C compressors rely on oil in the intake for lubrication. On A/C applications, the oil is mixed with the refrigerant. For an air bag compressor you would need to add an oiler to the intake, then run some type of oil separator after. Kind of a PITA.

6. Roach25681

Roach25681
    from Calhoun GA

I have 3 sanden 708's in my garage and have ran one of my last two bagged trucks. They are MUCH faster, quieter, and generally more enjoyable than an electric. Just run an air tool oiler in the line on the intake side and youre all set.