The build of my C/A altered marked my attempt to transition from a casual sometimes drag racer to a more serious competitor with a car built to the standards of sanctioning organizations. The pieces I put together was a '48(?) English Ford Anglia body that I bought with the proceeds of selling my D/A Model A coupe. The Anglia was sans engine, trans.(nowadays called a "tranny" by newbies), and no interior. I dispensed with the fenders and towed it over to A.W. Tackett's Welding in So. Dallas for installation of the roll bar just behind the door posts, welding solid suspension mounting brackets on my Spicer rear end, splitting the stock wishbones and welding in brackets to mount them. Also fabricating a "H" shaped bracket to mount the Crosley steering box in the center about even with the rear door posts. We also added a fabricated cross member to mount the rear of the '51 Ford truck trans.(with 2nd & high) with open drive rear output shaft. Working as a machinist, in the J&J engine shop, I was able to liberate a worn out '55 Chevy 265 (the "no oil filter block") which I had Mr. Beach bore out .060 so I could use a set of used forged .060 over TRW flattop pistons that I had salvaged from a rebuild. I put it together with a set of Perfect Circle plain cast iron rings(for fast seating) and a Crower 100F cam. Since I needed high compression, and was too poor to afford expensive "pop-up" pistons, I used a set of rare '57 FI heads that had the same little knobs, flanking the spark plug hole, as found on the Power Pack heads. These heads (marked on the ends with ll instead of the Power Pack -^-) had larger ports and valves than the lesser heads. I had my heads ported and also polished by a California transplant, named Paul, at a small start-up speed shop owned by James Holston in his parents Holston Moving & Storage in So. Oak Cliff in Dallas. I added dual springs and hardened aluminum retainers to the heads and also modified the camshaft sprocket for a 4 degree cam advance. After adding a "good" used Schiefer flywheel, and a 11" Long style pressure plate, I installed the engine with the allowed 25% setback allowed by the rules for altereds. The engine was right there when you opened the doors, sitting high on 5" pedestals that I had A.W. weld in. That, coupled with a 4" aluminum block I put on the front spring with long shackle bolts, provided the "nose high" design to accomplish the desired weight transfer to the rear wheels that I learned about from the famous Ram Chargers "High and Mighty" 50's Plymouth coupe. I enclosed the engine in a large square sheet aluminum box with a Sun tach, SW mechanical oil & temp gauges, and a large 3" dia. red idiot light coupled to a "below 15psi oil pressure switch. I topped the engine off with a '57 Rochester FI unit and distributor that I got for $125 (from the proceeds of the D/A sale) which I rebuilt with a kit from the Chevy parts dept. My best buddy, Jesse Measles (B/G Anglia), built me a set of headders (which can be seen used inverted and on the opposite sidse on my TE-440 dragster). Jesse and I started it up, for the first time about midnight in his neighborhood one night(Bad Boys- Bad Boys!) and I experienced the first wheel stand from the Crosley bucket seat against the back window. WOW-EE!!!!!!!!! I had a hard time getting to sleep that night!