Register now to get rid of these ads!

Age change

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Boden, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Boden

Boden

Does anyone know how to change my age on the H.A.M.B. when I was sighting up I put down my fathers birth year because I wasn’t sure if there is a age restriction. I am actually 13 and turning 14 on the 22. I was born on October 22 2005. I pm’d Ryan and he hasn’t gotten back to me and it has been a few weeks. Who else do I reach out to?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

49ratfink, Hombre, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Looks like Ryan fixed it for you... congrats on being a hot rodder at such a young age. I got my first car (55 chevy) at age 12

3. As Mark mentioned, congrats on being into this stuff at such a young age. Keep us informed as you make progress on your '53. You might consider putting your general location in your profile as there could be other young folks reasonably close-by with similar interests. Never hurts to have an extra hand and to help each other out. Love your '53. My first car many years ago was a '53 Mainline. Keep up the good work. We're all a little better because you are here.......Don. 4410f7a6da145e0e5ff3e5fa58ff8246.jpg 1976-1215534178-9ab25ba556f2bc0b0ea746703db5014d.jpg

4. Boden

Boden

Wow thanks! Here are some pictures of me and the car. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The first is the from the day I got the car, second is me takin apart the merc motor for that sweet crank, third is me Putin in my finished merc motor.

5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Only 13? Thought that I was talking to an adult with out looking at the age. Very mature for a 13 year old.

Glad that you picked a hobby that will endure.

Girls are also a great hobby...Just ask anyone of us...

Hombre and Boden like this.
  6. I got my first car at 12 years old, and 1932 Ford 5 window coupe, my second car was a 1954 Ford, very similar to your car. HRP

Boden likes this.
  7. Boden, very cool car and congratulations on your work so far and your work ethic! I’m very impressed, you do nice work! Keep it up and keep the flame alive.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hombre, Boden and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Boden

Boden

Yep. Learned that a little while ago. As long as it doesn’t get in the way of my car. Haha

9. Boden

Boden

I wanted a model a or a 32 from when I was 4 to about a year ago when I got this car. U got lucky. And they are hard to find especially a original one that needs work to be a hot rod. They have all mostly been hot rodded.

Hombre and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Boden

Boden

Thanks sir.

11. Glad I didn't post boobie pics' ...

Hombre, Boden and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Boden

Boden

Awwwwwwwwww. Damn!

13. ................Love the attitude. This youngster is clearly one of us.:D;)

Boden and Hombre like this.
  14. Hey Boden, I think it's fantastic that you're a young guy and getting into old cars, getting your hands dirty, learning how to do the work. That 53 looks like a great car and I'm super impressed and happy that you're sticking with the flathead. Keep going!

What I find really depressing though is I joined the HAMB 4 1/2 years before you were born.

:D

15. Boden,
    Glad to see your interest in our doings!
    You are proving that not all the kids are screwed up with video games!
    Now I'm gonna check my age on the home page!

16. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

Wait isn't your avatar literally I picture of boobies? Oh crap, now the kids going to look at it. Great, now we're corrupting a minor.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Boden likes this.
  17. Yeah, that was 58 years ago. HRP

Boden likes this.