Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Aftermarket throttle assembly for my '59 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, May 29, 2015.

1. The existing bellcrank type of gas pedal linkage for my '59 Ford looks like ass, badly pitted and I still have to hook it up to my Holley carb. The pedal-end of it is a spoon that the stock gas pedal pushes against.

So I'm looking for something neater, but still using the stock Ford pedal. I was looking at a Lokar unit like this:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-dp-1000ht/overview/

It looks really nice and I'd have to make up a clip to attach the cable bug to the pedal. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Thanks, Bob

2. The problem you run into with any of those old bell crank assemblies is that they made them for 6 cylinders and 8 cylinders and they were different. that is why so many cars end up with cable throttles.

LOKAR did make a pretty good product, I don't know if they have gone off shore or not. I do know that you can adapt the bell crank from a C-10 Chevy to your old ford pretty easy and they repop those. A spoon peddle like speedway sells for prewar cars will also work, I don't care for speedway stuff but lots of other companies make them.

Something else I have been using for cable throttles is the setup from a Fox body mustang, they are pretty universal and you can pop the peddle off and use a floor mount to operate them.

3. Thanks. I took a quick look at the Mustang cables, I would have to know the length. I have a Chevy truck catalog at home, I will look at the C10 parts. The Lokar comes in 24", 36" and 48" and can be modified to fit. I may have an old Torino set up at home (gotta dig for it...), we used to use them in our stock cars and they were very adaptable.