Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Aftermarket radiator for '56 Olds?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Dad Was A Racer, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Dad Was A Racer

Dad Was A Racer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am looking for suggestions for a replacement radiator for a 1956 Oldsmobile with the original 324 "Rocket" motor, A/C condenser and auto-trans cooler. An aluminum radiator or one with a better performing core would be a plus. None of the commonly know manufacturers (BeCool, AutoRad, Champion) catalog a radiator for this car, but I know there's got to be somebody out there that can build one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. belair

belair

Are you asking for suggestions, or is this a "Want To Buy" post? If the latter, look in the want ads. If the former, edit your post a little. Either way, good luck.

3. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I would measure and compare. Im sure theres something Champion makes that will fit the Olds.. The Hydro doesn't need that much cooling because of the fluid coupling...

4. OilBurnin59Ford

OilBurnin59Ford

As mentioned Champion Radiators would be a good place to start. I know some companies like Jegs and Summit carry "universal" aluminum radiators. They just list them by size and amount of rows. May be something to look into.

Sent from my Pixel using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

If it were me, I wouldn't buy any radiator made in China.

olscrounger likes this.
  6. Can't you get the existing recored at a radiator shop?

olscrounger and jimmy six like this.
  7. Dad Was A Racer

Dad Was A Racer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Honestly hadn't thought of doing that, but I'm looking into it now!

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@Dad Was A Racer

Try www.usradiator.com. I ordered a oem style replacement from them a few years ago for a fiend's '51 F1. Looked 'stock' fit like original...copper/brass construction. Not cheap. but quality seldom is. Lead time was several weeks, but they delivered as promised.

Ray