Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects After a long long search I have purchased a 1932 three window Ford coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by indianapolisracer, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Ya got the flatty out yet ???

Lil32, loudbang, Blues4U and 2 others like this.
  2. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Like you, I looked for years for an affordable 32 3w and I was never as lucky as you, if you want a hot rod, I'll trade you for my original 3w rumble seat coupe with a nice 351w engine for yours and we will both be happy.

3. belair

belair

Rocketize that baby. Finish your dream.

loudbang, kidcampbell71 and wicarnut like this.
  4. Congrats on getting a very sweet deuce coupe! Are your asking my opinion ? { a Hot Rodder } On a { Hot Rod site. } What I'd do? I could never leave a 32 Ford, or a Willys coupe original. I love a nice original museum or parade car. But if your not 89 yet. I'd HOT ROD it, and have some Fun!!!!! Just my 2 cents. The key word is FUN!:)

5. You seem to have all of what is needed to make the conversion. Do it neatly so that if so desired it could be brought to original, as bought condition.

6. Just my $.02, it's your car.
    You own either way probably a once in a lifetime car.
    How did you convince the guy you bought it from to sell it to you?
    Does he know your intention? Will it bother you if he sees what you did to "his" car?
    Your bio lists you already have a 5 window '32.
    Is it really that important that you have a 3 window Hot Rod, with a 303 just because
    it has 3 windows instead of 5? Maybe you should leave the 3 window stock or close
    and Hot Rod the 5 window. I would guess there are less "stock" '32 three windows
    than Hot Rods.
    This is what I would do.
    Somebody by or before 1952 put in the new engine.
    Be the guy back in '52. hop up the '36 engine. add hydraulic brakes.
    buy a dropped axle and put on biggs and littles that were available in '52.
    Live the life as if it's you in '52. That's really what this HAMB stuff is about.
    Again, it's your car!
    Good luck with your decision!

Tman, Moondog13, Beaty and 5 others like this.
  7. indianapolisracer

indianapolisracer

Thank you , my 5 window is exactly as you described , and I am considering that option for the 3 window as well , will not make a hasty decision !

56don and Tony Martino like this.
  8. bob b.

bob b.
    from peoria az.

sell it and buy a hot rod

stanlow69 likes this.
  9. It’s looks like a nice solid original, I understand leaving it be.

but it’s your to do with what you wish and your plans are sound and it would be an even better car once your done with it, albeit not stock.

if you where saying ifs / irs / ls1 fuel injection and all that garbage I would say no.

But go man go ! And more pics !!!

loudbang likes this.
  10. flat 39

flat 39

An unmolested '32 3 window is very rare. '32 hotrods are all over the place. I understand the desire for a 32 hotrod. they are the standard for hotrods. I would like to see you put your 303 Olds in a Brooksville coupe and enjoy that car.

Beaty, stanlow69 and Blue One like this.
  11. 1ton

1ton

Hot rodding an 89 year old car in virtually mint condition would be akin to getting a boob job for your grand mother. Why would you do that? Go find something that is in a certain state of disrepair. A rusted hulk if you need to. A car that has already been compromised. People say "It's your car, do what you want". My opinion is that it is your responsibility to see that this vehicle stays in it's original pristine condition.

Beaty, stanlow69, Blue One and 2 others like this.
  12. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Congratulations beautiful 32 3w a post on the fordbarn that puts a later crank into the LB flathead to make a bit of a stroke because of the light crank. Lots you can do and have fun!

13. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

dropped axle,hot flathead,hyd brakes,steelies. DONE

14. LUTHER99

LUTHER99

That's a great find , seems like most of the vote here is to cut into it, l'm a hot rodder but l gotta tell you l would have a hard time cutttin into that one , rear piece, not many left , get another body and frame and use your parts , just my opinion.

Beaty and Blue One like this.
  15. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Rocket power, and "de-old man" it. By that I mean, take all the doo dads off, lower it, 17" wires, black walls, juice brakes, dropped headlight bar, King Bees, and leave everything else alone. With very few modifications, you change the whole character of the car, and it's reversible!
    My $.02.

16. Binderman01

Binderman01

I'm just south of you, fellow indiana Ian!

I wish my recent post went this well! I got put on a stake for wanting to modify, my recent purchased already modified 5 window!

It's your car, cut it up, keep it somewhat reversible, it's only metal!

Nostrebor likes this.
  17. indianapolisracer

indianapolisracer

Nope

-Brent- and saltracer219 like this.
  18. indianapolisracer

indianapolisracer

I like that !

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It's hard to believe there are so many restorers on the HAMB, this is a hotrod site!

20. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Do With Your Excellent Car As You Please And Purchase Some Quality Hearing Protection For All Of The Advice You Are Going To Receive With No Contributions....

21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

man... this is a hot rod site, I can't believe all the "leave it alone" comments.... Hot rod it , It is askin for it. The Olds will be wonderful....

22. saltracer219

saltracer219

That would make the perfect traditional Hot Rod. Since those firewalls are easily unbolted I would get an aftermarket firewall and modify it, since the rest is pretty much bolt in there is nothing that coulden't be easily undone.

23. Your car, old school bolt-in-on modifications to make it a hot rod, but gennie. Nice!

24. Do you want to overheat in a slow moving parade with that 3 flag radiator cap or cruise the main drag with your arm out the window ???

Hot Rod that sucka !

25. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

I like your plan.

26. Hot rodding an 89 year old car in virtually mint condition would be akin to getting a boob job for your grand mother. Why would you do that? Go find something that is in a certain state of disrepair. A rusted hulk if you need to. A car that has already been compromised. People say "It's your car, do what you want". My opinion is that it is your responsibility to see that this vehicle stays in it's original pristine condition.

As a hot rodder and original car / truck owner . I would leave that coupe as is . It made it all these years , it would be sacrilege to modify that car. I have a 32 3 window coupe on my avitar . It is a brookville body which is getting the street rod treatment as pictured. Go buy one of those instead. I also have my eye on a all original 32 3 window just like yours. Which if the timing is right and I am able to buy that car . It will remain stock. .
    As mentioned in a earlier post , did the seller mention his thoughts on the car ? Did you mention to him your thoughts on what your plans were ? As I know these types of owners , they hold their baby dear to their heart after all these years . I bet if he knew that you were going to modify it , he would never had sold you this car.
    Vic

Beaty and redo32 like this.
  27. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

loudbang and 31hotrodguy like this.
  28. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

My 40 coupe was 40,000 actual miles, all stock except 1 repaint in the 60's when I bought it. I did not hesitate one little bit hot rodding it and even though nothing got cut, I wouldn't dream of going back. 49 cad 331 , dropped axle, chrome 50 merc wheels.... and big and little whitewalls and done 401.JPG october2.JPG

29. Budget36

Budget36

It is funny, most say buy the best you can to modify. Now seems when you do, many say leave it alone.
    Dang, you bought it, it’s not like it’s a family heirloom and you have sentimental ties to it.

X-cpe, Moondog13, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  30. See, do what Moriarity did. It works.