Register now to get rid of these ads!

after a 3000 mile journey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gatch, Feb 7, 2010.

1. gatch

gatch

after a wasted trip to memphis, tn 2 wks ago to look at a hunk of junk and countless hours of searching the great world wide web, i finally returned home from dakota, minnesota with my new ride. Never had no problems with the weather until we returned to ohio on interstate 80. We couldnt figure out all the wrecks we were seeing on the west bound lane until are truck and enclosed trailer starts sliding out of control on the east bound lane. thank god somehow we never hit the median or flipped over the truck and trailer. here we are facing the traffic coming at us as we are sitting alongside of the road. after a couple minutes nothing was coming we were able to get the truck and trailer turned back around on all 3 lanes of traffic. we pulled off at the next exit to check the hot rod and she never moved a bit.
    here is a pic of my new 1931 model a sedan, more pictures to post after i get her out of the trailer.

Attached Files:

2. flathead4d

flathead4d

What can I say but, the car Gods were smiling on you. Great looking car.

3. gatch

gatch

thats exactly what i was thinking the "hot rod" gods didnt want to lose another fine ride...
    thanks

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  4. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

That Sedan is "SUPER RAT-ROD-ARIFFIC"

5. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Just F Y I ,as an old truck driver ,when out there inbad weather ,always watch the trucks. If you can see spray coming off the tires ,chances are its just wet, when they no longer throw up the spray ,hold on to your arse , it changed to ice.
    glad you made it OK

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  6. I have seen this car on here before it looks really nice.

7. Gatch,

No offense, but if you did crash & burn :(
    What a loss of a fine ride :)

Best thing to do is watch the wrecks from a truck stop
    I have been on the road since September 2008 hauling

Jim