Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Aerostar Springs

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by mars54, Feb 16, 2018.

1. mars54

mars54

Hi,
    I'm going to convert my 1954 Mercury Monterrey front brakes to disc brakes. I'm using one of the Granada kits which I believe will have a 1" off set? I want to use the Aerostar springs too. I was curious how much of a drop from stock will this be? Any photos or information is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mario

2. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

I've used them in different model cars.they all seem to drop about 2"from what I remember.they are nice and soft

3. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I’m running Aerostar springs on my 1959 Ranchero. See avatar. Nice low ride. I guess yours will be an inch lower.

4. jimmy six

jimmy six

Used them on my 56 Ford. Lowered it about 1-1/4. I had to use 2 different thickness poly spacers to get it even. The stock springs were and Aerostars were new so I don't know why. The poly spacers were for a Toyota which had the same inner and outer diameter.
    My only complaint is since the AeroStars are compound wound they are softer on a road dip. You need good shocks.

5. mars54

mars54

Thanks all for the information.

6. tragic59

tragic59