Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Advice on holding a show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trollst, Jul 13, 2018.

1. RmK57

RmK57

Close the airport down for a day have and flag drop drag races. I might even make the trip for something like that.

2. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

A friend done them for awhile in our small town, I helped him. The only place to eat at the time closed when we had them, so we sold 50/50 tickets and took what we spent on food back out of that. We done them for the cheerleaders, school, and the very last was for the back pack kids. Couldn't get any help from town counsel or anyone for that matter. Only time I seen any of them was when we were giving something away for free, like on Holloween, they brought their kids and grand kids for free candy. All the community appreciated it, it brought a ton of business to the town, but nobody wanted to donate anything to help out. If you got a town that appreciates your efforts, you are lucky. Nobody knows how much work it is until you do it, clean up afterwards, getting things together to have it.

trollst and F&J like this.
  3. Special Ed

Special Ed

We just put on what I'd consider a successful, although admittedly quite small, car event. Actually, it was just three weeks ago today. Outside the box of what most on here would consider a "car show", but maybe you'll like what we did ...
    We kept everyone hopping for a few days. NO music, and not really much of a static display either, but we did have two destinations that we cruised to, one on Friday and one on Saturday, in two different directions. Very scenic area to cruise around, and that's what our cars are actually for, right? Driving? We got everyone together after breakfast and took off on our adventure. We were wildly entertained for hours by a character named Randy Grubb, who opened his home, his garages, and his "collections" to us. This is what he's currently building for a client. You may know him from his Decoliner, and "Tank Car" that he built and Jay Leno now owns.
    [​IMG]
    I won't bore you with more details of this, or the following day's activities, but I've been going to "car shows" since around 1963, and doing something (anything) is preferable to sitting in a lawnchair and answering the same questions over and over, all day long.
    We handmade our own trophies (six of 'em), and made 'em FUN. Think OUTSIDE the box ... ;)

David Gersic and catdad49 like this.
  4. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Too late.